The Paul Connor Youth Mentored Turkey Hunt...March 19 & 20, 2022

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
For all you guys and gals that have young hunters with a license...The drawing for the NWTF youth turkey hunts at the Santa Ysabel East Preserve, is this Saturday...March 5th at the Ramona Senior Ctr...We open the doors around 8:00 am and the program starts at 9:00 am...The drawing starts at 10:30 am...Each child will be assigned a mentor and each child MUST have a parent or guardian present on the hunt.

The youth hunter MUST have a JUNIOR license with his parent or guardian...There is no cost, but if the youth hunter is drawn for one of the 20 hunts...Then the guardian and youth MUST be members of NWTF...They are our under writer for our insurance with the county.

I can not get a flyer to load...Jason, Mark, Dave, Kevin can I get one posted....Thank you.

.youth turkey opener 3-23-13 016.JPG

@ilovesprig see you Saturday. excited to see everyone up there.

Grandpa @BBH is likely gonna have to be the adult on this one again. We are beach camping up until the the 19th then fly to Miami on the 21st. Grandpa is always ready though.

Does Barry need to be at the drawing to go on the hunt or just have a NWTF license.

He has to be there if he gets drawn we need the mentor and the child there to sign the release this Saturday.
But Steve's the boss maybe he can send you the form now

@ilovesprig see you Saturday. excited to see everyone up there.

Grandpa @BBH is likely gonna have to be the adult on this one again. We are beach camping up until the the 19th then fly to Miami on the 21st. Grandpa is always ready though.

Does Barry need to be at the drawing to go on the hunt or just have a NWTF license.

Drew,

The child (with junior license) and a parent or guardian must be there...I can change the guardian or parent down the road... :blush:

Reactions: TRICER
Last call for the Paul Connor youth mentored turkey hunt on Santa Ysabel Preserve...Drawing is tomorrow at the Ramona Senior Ctr...Starts at 9:00 am and drawing is at 10:30 am.

Hoping to see a lot of "Utes" tomorrow.... :blush:

.015.JPG

Great job this morning gentlemen. Me and the boys were really encouraged to see all the young kids in there today. They were both telling me how cool it is that these kids are going to get to have a chance to go on what likely will be a lot of their first hunts. Our small hunting community is better because of what you guys do. Keep it up!

34DCFB76-B57A-48C1-BE66-076B3B32105F.jpeg

Great job this morning gentlemen. Me and the boys were really encouraged to see all the young kids in there today. They were both telling me how cool it is that these kids are going to get to have a chance to go on what likely will be a lot of their first hunts. Our small hunting community is better because of what you guys do. Keep it up!

View attachment 53539

Drew,

Thank you to you and the boys for giving up their hunts for other kids that have less of an opportunity...A very nice gesture...One of the kids I have benefitted and is totally pumped!.... :blush:

View attachment 53539
You sir, are a class act as well. Pleasure meeting you and the boys!

Hoping to get my 10 yo son on a turkey this year. He’s been a few times on public with no luck. Is this event planned for 2023? Thanks!

Hoping to get my 10 yo son on a turkey this year. He’s been a few times on public with no luck. Is this event planned for 2023? Thanks!

Yes, all systems are a go...The drawing is next Saturday (March 4th) at the Ramona Senior Center in Ramona....Your youth/junior hunter must have a CURRENT hunting license with him...And, if you're drawn, must become a member of NWTF...Program starts at 9:00 am.... :blush:

junior hunt 2011 007.JPG

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu