Thunder chicken from the East

Ridiculous,

ground my pick for 5 days out here in Michigain, birds have been relatively quite, had a couple run ins but could not seal the deal. Last day and it all came together, my cousin ryan is a Turkey slayer amongst the best of them. He has had to work so he wasn’t able to come out with me this whole time until this morning. He got off work yesterday and we hit the woods to locate some birds. This morning got up and made our way in. Set up and played chit chat for a couple hours. I fly out today here in a few hours so my time was limited. I texted him and he said we had to move in on them. We left our spot and made our way to the birds location calling every 50 yards or so and sure enough the tom started working our way. We set up on the edge of the creek and my cousin went to work. 5 mins later I had that Tom full strut at 20 yards in front of me. My cousin ryan said “shoot him” ..... gave this bird the @HATCHET1 special and he dropped in his tracks.

9-1/2” beard A5D6A8EA-8B24-4CA0-A0D3-22270E70849A.jpeg7B7AB943-68A5-4C8F-AE02-103569FBB7B2.jpeg09AFE5A7-FEF7-47CB-A242-71AC76C8E6EC.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice work @stikbrandon. Way to stick it out.

My best friend moved to Michigan a couple of years ago, outside Kalamazoo. He texts me pictures of game all the time just to rub it in, from his driveway....

Right on brutha..KAPOOW!!!! Way to show that yardbird who the boss was!!!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu