Tough hunt

All western Upland is tough but the beauty of the west and the thrill of the flush is worth it. Next week, I need to hit the Mohave and work off all the pie and chow that I have gotten stupid on....

Nice work. The startling flush results in a lot of missed easy shots.

talk about a tough hunt.... My brother, me and dog put some major miles on our boots in the Mohave area around Barstow and came up with nothing. didn't hear or see chukar nor quail. and this area produced in years past. We got some great exercise and great rocks and the desert in winter can't be beat. My hat is off to any of you cazadores who have scored on california chukar this season.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu