Traditional Deer Camps

Mac,

Do not kid yourself....The anti-gun and anti-hunting crowd (99.9% dems) are in the same camp...So, making it hard to buy guns & ammo makes it harder to hunt...Which makes some folks just give it up.

Deer camp was always something I looked forward to as a kid...Saw a lot of great country that was pretty much untouched...I love aspens.

.scan018.jpg

Wish I could have experienced deer camp as kid. My experiences as an adult weren’t very exciting either.

I hated deer camp
..never had any deer hangin to stare at.. and miles of walking..way before roads were everywhere...deer camp became more enjoyable and more deer were hangin from the meat pole once the roads became more prevalent....go figure?

• Haha
Reactions: YETI and JakeSCH
Yup..we just sucked at deer hunting..not much better now..but we definetley get around alot easier...and being a Titanium member with the Marriot helps!!

• Haha
Reactions: Smokey58
Last year was my first season hunting. For archery season, a group of four of us all took our AO tags and went to a place near Big Bear. Really enjoyed yellow-post camping each weekend and hanging out with good friends. We didn't get any deer hanging but we did get very close a couple of times. Not looking like that'll be happening this year as we all drew tags in different areas, A22 for me. Hopefully next year we'll do the camp thing again.

U1qZ5q.jpg

Fjpzso.jpg

Back in my young days didn't have deer camp, just had to walk out the door and into the woods to get a whitetail. Really enjoyed deer camp in Utah back in the 70's up by beaver.. mostly hunt alone now, but deer camp was great fun with good friends.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu