Traeger pellet grill opinions

Jackpot

Jan 27, 2020
Murrieta
Guys, wife is buying me a traeger pro 575 wifi pellet grill for Father’s Day. She can’t keep a secret, lol. Was wondering if it’s worth the cost or if there are better options out there for the money. I know a few of you have traegers, so thought I would get some opinions. Size wise, I think it will be big enough for my use. But at that price range, I wanted to make sure people liked them. Any opinions would be helpful.

Love mine use it all the time. If you use it, the grill will change your life. It will get you to start to eat a clean diet. Lots of veggies and clean meats are the best on it. Obviously ribs, brisket and thick cut steaks are the what will stand out, fish and chicken are amazing on it too.

Reactions: MAG 1 and Jackpot
76a7affcb533e6a7cc0a9c59f91809cc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Stikbrandon
Forgot to tell you to keep it clean after 20 hours and watch the metal edges inside they are not rolled and are sharp. I cut my finger damn near to the bone. Wife was not happy with the blood trail!

Reactions: Stikbrandon
Thanks for the comments. I figure it should be pretty nice just wasn’t sure if anybody wished they would’ve ended up getting something else or if everybody was happy with them. Sounds like you all are liking it. Im still not sure if the WiFi is worth it or not or if it’s one of those things we’re it’s great atbfirst but then you end up not really using it.

Reactions: msailor
Thanks for the comments. I figure it should be pretty nice just wasn’t sure if anybody wished they would’ve ended up getting something else or if everybody was happy with them. Sounds like you all are liking it. Im still not sure if the WiFi is worth it or not or if it’s one of those things we’re it’s great atbfirst but then you end up not really using it.

make sure you get the WiFi model !

Reactions: msailor
Just made a brisket style tri tip yesterday on my Z Grill..about half the price of a traeger and gets the job done for me. You can buy a thermometer that comes with an app to have the wifi feature if you want it..I just run temp probes with an alarm that I can hear..

Regardless of the brand I know you'll love it. She's a keeper dude

20210605_162406.jpg
20210605_173946.jpg
20210605_190318.jpg

20201107_191119.jpg

You might try looking at Green Mountain Grills. They seem a little better built and are in the same price range for all the same features. My in-laws have traeger and green mountains. Everyone agrees the green mountain is better.

Pit boss are great too, half the price. Also to be honest, if I could do it again I’d consider a pit boss for sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
Used only Treager pellets so far but have been told by the pushy sales guy at Costco that any food grade pellets is ok the last time I grabbed a few bags.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu