Tricer-LP development

TRICER

Dec 20, 2014
tricerusa.com
Figured I would share this on SCH and let the cat out of the bag on my new pan head. @Lungpopper said he wanted a 5-6oz pan head and I said hold my beer. So here it is the Tricer-LP “light pan” but you SCH’ers know what it really stands for.

As it sits right now it’s under 5oz, it will be the lightest and most compact pan on the market. I still have some work to do but I am close. My first prototypes are getting anodized now and after field testing this fall hopefully I will have them available in time for spring bear season.

The combo of the GTP-I, LP, and BA you will be 26oz all in with a package capable of doing anything your standard photography gear does.

I will continue to post on this thread with developments and updates.

91802F46-8DBC-491B-8DAE-FCCA7E66E75D.jpeg

So this guy who manufactures for one of my competitors just commented on my bino adapter add. I don’t know when these guys are gonna learn this only motivates me. These guys make great gear I don’t know why since day one they have been coming after me. But I guess it’s a cut throat industry.
Wait until they see this pan head lol. Oh did I mention I want to sell these for $179? I think the Tricer-LP adds will say “a pan head for the blue collar outdoorsman”.
C7A13733-40C6-4E71-8D2F-CF3BC4B9C26B.jpeg

I would say March at the earliest I want to run the prototypes for a few months and make sure it is perfect. This is going to be a special product if I can get it right everyone will be running them.
Keep us posted! This looks like a perfect fit. I have an ultralight ball head but it leaves some to be desired. I was looking at upgrading before my CO elk hunt but I think I can wait.

Reactions: TRICER
So this guy who manufactures for one of my competitors just commented on my bino adapter add. I don’t know when these guys are gonna learn this only motivates me. These guys make great gear I don’t know why since day one they have been coming after me. But I guess it’s a cut throat industry.
Wait until they see this pan head lol. Oh did I mention I want to sell these for $179? I think the Tricer-LP adds will say “a pan head for the blue collar outdoorsman”.
View attachment 56147
You know you’re doing something right when the big guys are taking time to come after you. You literally changed the two things that you could change on a bino adapter and they’re still bitching about it. It’s just a stick with a connection for a tripod and optic…keep at it Drew, you’re killing it.

I have one of the biggest names in optics running the LP right now he doesn't want to send it back to me. I told him he can keep it through the AZ bow season. His approval/opinion means a ton.

Have you tried shooting off it with a gun that has a rail? Obviously, you would need rear support (unlike some of the giant tripods/heads) but I am curious.

Awesome work! I bought some of your bino adapters for my family and they love them too. Keep it up.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu