Tried with the old .410

SteveHazard

Oct 24, 2018
Tried with the old bolt action .410 before the lead ban kicks in. Wasn't really in the bolt action "zone" for it. Felt like trying to drive a stick shift or auto after being used to the other for so long with the oh yeah I have work this lever thing for the next shot. I did manage 1 bird and it came out looking good. New camera is producing some amazing looking footage. Only a few more days.

Brought back memories of having safety on a flush and hunting with a pump after being used to an O/U and forgetting to eject hull and cycle new shot!
I have seen a covey of desert quail stick tight to Bee hive boxes on the CRIT for protection.
Great video

great looking video is that a GoPro . nice spot you got their.
Yes, it is the new one on a custom head strap.

This is really zeroing in on a setup I'll truly be satisfied with. Experiment with some of the different settings and get the adapter to run my external mic and it should be pretty much exactly what I want.

Great video! Nice job on the bird. I need to get rid of the lead I have too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do have a link to the GoPro setup.
Interested, thanks
Absolutely.

The two main things I would recommend is to hack the mount of the head strap off and mod it to a quick buckle (or get one like this) with a ball joint mount and to not use the waterproof housings if you have an older gopro or different brand action camera. The head strap mod allows you align up the camera properly to how you shoulder the gun so your subject (gun and bird) is center frame and level. And waterproof cases do nothing but muffle sounds you want to hear and amplify the ones you don't like touching or bumping the camera.

These will explain and demonstrate the differences.

From the first vid I have since upgrade the camera to the Hero 7 Black, use the gopro ball joint mount instead of the 360, drew a silver sharpie line on the cameras to line them up without using the app, and am not using an external mic yet (need a different adapter).

As far as settings go on the Hero 3 was using medium FOV, 1080 60fps.
With the 7 Black I'm using wide FOV, hypersmooth electronic image stabilization on, 2.7K 60fps. I have not experimented with any of the more advanced settings yet.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Absolutely.

The two main things I would recommend is to hack the mount of the head strap off and mod it to a quick buckle (or get one like this) with a ball joint mount and to not use the waterproof housings if you have an older gopro or different brand action camera. The head strap mod allows you align up the camera properly to how you shoulder the gun so your subject (gun and bird) is center frame and level. And waterproof cases do nothing but muffle sounds you want to hear and amplify the ones you don't like touching or bumping the camera.

These will explain and demonstrate the differences.

From the first vid I have since upgrade the camera to the Hero 7 Black, use the gopro ball joint mount instead of the 360, drew a silver sharpie line on the cameras to line them up without using the app, and am not using an external mic yet (need a different adapter).

As far as settings go on the Hero 3 was using medium FOV, 1080 60fps.
With the 7 Black I'm using wide FOV, hypersmooth electronic image stabilization on, 2.7K 60fps. I have not experimented with any of the more advanced settings yet.

great info, the video felt like I was right there, even the heavy breathing got me tired I know the feeling, just kidding!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu