Trimming issue

Josh S.

Jul 22, 2016
Normally I FL size first them trim. I decided to trim first then FL size. Im using the Hornady trimmer with pilot 7 .284 and im getting a circle inside my neck. The pilot goes in easy. Im using new ADG 28 Nos brass. Need some feedback please.

bc84b4a1590bfc762630e21e81e19333.jpg

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

You should size and then trim. Are you inserting the pilot before you tighten the case in the shell holder?

I have the same trimmer. I've only used the .308" pilot, but haven't seen any visible marks on the inside of the cases. Something must be out if alignment or pilot has a slight burr. What part of town are you in, welcome to borrow my .284" pilot to eliminate one piece of the puzzle.

I have the same trimmer. I've only used the .308" pilot, but haven't seen any visible marks on the inside of the cases. Something must be out if alignment or pilot has a slight burr. What part of town are you in, welcome to borrow my .284" pilot to eliminate one piece of the puzzle.
North Clairemont

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu