Truck Bed shotgun storage..

• Thread starter Deleted member 27310
  • Start date
Rich,

Looks pretty nice.....Although, I like mine on the front seat while driving the IV.....lol

I usually have mine in the backseat (4 door truck) but with so many different "views" of local and state/federal officers I am not sure what is the legality of hunting/driving with shotgun in front anymore. When I hunted with my dad back in the day, it was always keep ammo in truck bed with unloaded guns in front or vice versa.

Steve, do you know what the actual laws are on this subject? Does it depend what officer stops you? I am going to look them up and get a refresher on them.

Rich,

Looks pretty nice.....Although, I like mine on the front seat while driving the IV.....lol
Ain’t that the truth. Shot my first wild pheasant when I was 14 using this method lol. Flew over the 98 landed in a dirt field I got out grabbed my 20ga off the backseat threw a couple shells in kicked him up and the rest is history.

I like the carrier but there are some out there that confrorm to The fender and you pull the guns out the back. I like that style more since there is more storage for ammo etc. they are aluminum I believe. I have kicked around making one at the shop just haven’t done it. I normally store my guns in the cab so they don’t get bounced around to much.

Are they tweaker proof?
Hell NO... IV tweakers are hardcore, they will take the whole truck.. lol. I would only put my shotgun or rifle while actually hunting. Not only tweakers but regular scum buckets drive around the valley checking backs of trucks looking for anything to take. X-mas season bring more of them out.

Reactions: DoubleTrouble
I usually have mine in the backseat (4 door truck) but with so many different "views" of local and state/federal officers I am not sure what is the legality of hunting/driving with shotgun in front anymore. When I hunted with my dad back in the day, it was always keep ammo in truck bed with unloaded guns in front or vice versa.

Steve, do you know what the actual laws are on this subject? Does it depend what officer stops you? I am going to look them up and get a refresher on them.

Richard,

I was mostly kidding, but it is legal to have the gun in the front seat area in Imperial county.....It's also legal to have 2 shells in the magazine.

We stopped at a nursery yesterday. Looking at fruit and nut trees. There was a guy in a full monkey suit. Spraying pesticides
From flat bed truck with a tank.
Could smell it in the air.
Left ASAP. We were done.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu