Truth!!!

My 1st job was a trap boy at a shooting range...That smell never gets old....Awwwwww......... :heart:

Dominguez Trap Range....My dad shooting, while I was pulling targets....Circa 1964

View attachment 57423

Steve what do you think the men there in that picture would say if they could speak right now with our current climate?
Let me hear it.

Steve what do you think the men there in that picture would say if they could speak right now with our current climate?
Let me hear it.

Brandon,

You know, they never talked about gun rights...It was a given...They never talked about animal rights...Animals were for human consumption...Predators were shot, so there'd be more animals for human consumption (And backed by DFG)...Shooting & hunting was a right of passage...Owning guns and hunting was the norm for most all these guys...Remember too, in that era, many of these men (The GREATEST GENERATION) were veterans that moved from the Midwest where hunting, trapping, running hounds, and fishing was a way of life... It was certainly the Golden Years for outdoorsman in the once great state of California.........:pensive:

ps...I'm sure many of my old mentors, friends, and outdoorsman are shaking their collective heads on what's happening and has happened to our country overall....:broken_heart:

scan036.jpg

Brandon,

You know, they never talked about gun rights...It was a given...They never talked about animal rights...Animals were for human consumption...Predators were shot, so there'd be more animals for human consumption (And backed by DFG)...Shooting & hunting was a right of passage...Owning guns and hunting was the norm for most all these guys...Remember too, in that era, many of these men (The GREATEST GENERATION) were veterans that moved from the Midwest where hunting, trapping, running hounds, and fishing was a way of life... It was certainly the Golden Years for outdoorsman in the once great state of California.........:pensive:

ps...I'm sure many of my old mentors, friends, and outdoorsman are shaking their collective heads on what's happening and has happened to our country overall....:broken_heart:

View attachment 57425

Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu