***TSS SUCKS***

180ls1

Nov 2, 2020
Poway
.... according to 10/10 turkeys lol.

Got it done here in San Diego public land again on a nice tom yesterday. Started the day trying to get my Dad and Brother in law a shot but it never came to fruition despite being real close (gotta love it). Anyways, they and the other hunters rolled out around noon but I stuck with it moving spots and looking for a new deer area. Well at that deer spot I was scouting I was able to glass up this guy. Ended up closing the distance and hoping he would continue my way. When he didn't show, I decided to close the distance on him. I got a shot right as he was turning to leave (no skybusting this time :laughing:).

2nd tom 22' selfie.jpg2nd tom 22'.jpg22' spurs.jpgturkey egg.jpg

Congrats.....Fine gobbler.....Crows and ravens at work..... :mad:
Thank you!

Thats a turkey egg right? It was about 50% bigger than a store bought chicken egg. Also, how do you know it was crows/ravens? There is a good amount of ravens in the area. Fur bearing predators too (skunks, opossums, cats, coyotes, coons).

Reactions: CLarson757
Thank you!

Thats a turkey egg right? It was about 50% bigger than a store bought chicken egg. Also, how do you know it was crows/ravens? There is a good amount of ravens in the area. Fur bearing predators too (skunks, opossums, cats, coyotes, coons).

Because it appears to be picked out of one side...Ground squirrels can look like this too...Most your bigger (mammal) egg eaters will smash the whole egg and will eat the whole nest full...Ravens carry them away and you find single eggs...Watched a raven last season flying by with one.

.020.JPG

Reactions: sportyg and 180ls1
Hell ya..way to show that yardbird who the boss was...

Reactions: 180ls1

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu