Tuna time guys.

GUNDOGLOVER49

Aug 14, 2020
A lot of the boats are reporting limits, or near limits of BFT from 30-180- pounds. As soon as my knee is ready, I'll be out there. I had to cancel a recent trip dew to my knee. My friend Mike went and got limits. He was kind enough to come by and drop off about 40 pounds of BFT for me, of about half I canned two days ago.Resized_20230424_155143(0).jpeg Also, White Sea bass numbers are real good the last few days. The best eating ocean fish there is.

Last edited:
The reports coming in today on 976 tuna are crazy. Opps looks like I should have remove my coffee cup prior to taking picture.

Heck ya john..No better eating in my opinion..period! Wish I wasnt a barfer...I'd fish the ocean way more ..tasty!!

• Wow
Reactions: ilovesprig
What landing/boat would you recommend for me taking my 3 boys for their first time (ages 13,11,8)? Doesn't need to be BFT and I'm thinking 1/2 or 3/4 day. Preferably out of LA county, but would make the extra drive to SD if it seemed worth it.

The one day boats out of San Diego have been hooking them up for the past week hence my adding the one day boats. The tuna fishing may slow down this week as the temps drop can't say for sure best to check with the landing to see which boat is going for what.

Reactions: WrstDuckHntr
If they get sick on half day boat, they may not want to go again. There are good meds. theses day, just give them some just before you get on boat.

Reactions: WrstDuckHntr
Where people get screwed up is thinking since they can fish on an all day boat and not get sick they are good To go. Not the case. When you are below decks in a bunk trying to sleep is when the yack fest starts. Fishing on deck during day light is not the challenge. It is fishing in the dark or sleeping below deck. I have logged a couple of 1000 hours on my boat alone in all kinds of weather. Don’t take anything. Too busy driving and navigating. However, I would still take something if I was on an overnight boat.

John

Reactions: sportyg
Make sure they don’t get sick. 1.5 will ruin your kids and never make them want to go again.

I got ruined at a very young age on my uncles charter out of Redondo...Never had a problem fishing the Wall or inter ocean, but party boats, and diesel fuel...Ralphie Valladares......:confounded:

ps...No problem these days.......:joy:

IMG_8181.JPG

Been a barfer for years. ..years I say..I'm gonna rely on John for fish...no ocean for me...no thanks...and no dice!!

• Haha
Reactions: sportyg
I'll probably wait til my September 2 1/2 day... unless the Albacore show up... Ed F

Albacore lol......one day I hope they come back before I die.......

I'll go out once the YT show at the island, my favorite fish to eat!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu