Turkey blinds????

Bronkorob

Dec 24, 2018
My tried turkey hunting for the first time last year and had a great time. Unsuccessful but I did learn a lot. #1 being, it’s probably never too early to get out and scout and getting pr

I’m thinking I want to take my 7 year old out one day this time. It seems my kid is like every other 7 year old, from what I’ve been reading, and a blind is the only way to go. I’ve never hunted with a blind, so I have some questions that maybe this crew can help me with.

1. How long before you want to use a blind should you go out and set it up?

2. What are the unspoken laws of the land when it comes to blinds that I should be aware of?

3. This is all an experiment on a budget and I want to hide 1 adult and a kid. Any suggestions on a blind? Or a specific brand? Brands to stay away from?

Rob,

Turkeys don't seem to mind blinds, even if it was put that morning.

Don't think there's any unspoken laws to know...I certainly wouldn't leave one out on public.

Lots of brands and pop-ups out there...You don't need to go crazy on one...Under a 100 bucks.

I've hunted with a lot of kids...A turkey chair and just a short ground blind or natural cover can be good enough.

Reactions: Dawnandusk
Ha, DayQuil would be cheaper.
I always assumed it was better to set up large blinds ahead of time. Maybe it’s an east coast thing. But the chair and short blind sounds like the ticket.

Ha, DayQuil would be cheaper.
I always assumed it was better to set up large blinds ahead of time. Maybe it’s an east coast thing. But the chair and short blind sounds like the ticket.
For deer, yes. Turkeys, hell no. Put the blind out the evening before or early that morning.

Amazon is covered with blinds at great prices with great reviews.

I have this one. I bought it specifically to throw a wiggly 3 year old in it. Put it out in the evening, shot a tom the next morning.

Reactions: ilovesprig

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu