Turkey Tune Up This Year?

Jeremy,

We tried, but the City of San Diego said no dice...Especially with the crowd we had last year (400+)...We are considering having it somewhere, but I'm pretty sure nobody is going to let us have it on their property...Also, NWTF will insure our youth hunts, but no kind of an event like the tune-up, banquets, etc.

I am now dealing with the county to save our youth hunt on Santa Ysabel Preserve...Meeting next week will tell the tale...Mark (president) is working with the city to see if we can hunt the Sutherland property...Should know that status soon.

Stay tuned to see if we can work out some kind of smaller tune-up...Maybe at Lake Henshaw.

Steve, What about MCC letting NWTF use the parking lot next to the lake and the adjoining grounds. They could charge a trespass fee and make it worth their while as well as promote their consession. I would offer my space but it in no way would not could accomodate that many folks.

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
Steve, What about MCC letting NWTF use the parking lot next to the lake and the adjoining grounds. They could charge a trespass fee and make it worth their while as well as promote their consession. I would offer my space but it in no way would not could accomodate that many folks.

Fred,

That's what I'm working on...The problem is VID and others just can't have that many folks together...Trust me, we're trying.

Word on the street is good news coming for TTU this year, and lifesavers comment above...
More to come but save the date, March 6th

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
I just saw an ad pop up on my Facebook feed this morning before the Turkey tune up on March 6th. I am assuming that's good to go now?
Book it Dano... I mean Vermonster...
Different venue and working out final details this week, more info will be posted by end of week.

Reactions: sdolan617

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu