Ultralight weight cot.

Lungpopper

GLASS,GLASS,GLASS
Staff member
Mar 2, 2011
Lakeside
schoutdoors.com
Looking at the helinox ultralight and the therm a rest luxury light. Both are just over 2 lbs.
Anybody have experience with either of these or another cot in the same weight class ?

I have not used their cot but I will say Helinox makes real good products. I carry a light camp chair in my pack that takes a lot of abuse. It holds up great for a big guy like me

Reactions: Lungpopper and NBK
I have not used their cot but I will say Helinox makes real good products. I carry a light camp chair in my pack that takes a lot of abuse. It holds up great for a big guy like me
I have the helinox zero chair. Definitely a nice luxury item on a wilderness hunt.
Will most likely go with the helinox cot.

I have the helinox zero chair. Definitely a nice luxury item on a wilderness hunt.
Will most likely go with the helinox cot.
Since the legs are so skinny do you have a problem with sinking in anything other then hard pack?

Reactions: NBK
Over the years I have put apsolutly no priority in to my sleeping system. All heavy and cheap, it did the trick for the most part but as I age I have found that I wish I would have started buying light weight gear years ago.

They make 2 different attachments for the legs that you can use in sand, etc. Keeps them from sinking in soft stuff.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu