USA property

BangBangBrandon

Jan 22, 2018
San Marcos, CA
So on OnXmaps there are a few spots labeled "USA". Probably a dumb question but what does that mean and wouldn't that make is federal land? And most importantly, is it huntable?

Answer no. Government property
Military, federal ect

Have you confirmed this with OnX? I can't recall seeing this before even when it is federal land.

There are errors on OnX and they do give you the opportunity to report them on the app.

I would cross check another source to verify what "USA" means.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
I know one prop near Henshaw says "Government lands/USA"....It is next to Indian lands...Which says "Government lands"...We have always been told it's tribal...Maybe not.

Funny, I noticed this the other day and thought the same thing. In fact, it seems like a couple of the properties I used to think were BIA or BLM suddenly changed to USA. They're always small tracts of land but still.

We have border patrol stations that say usa. Which I Know is federal land., Also the reservation switch sometimes says USA , or federal.
Reservation is federal land.

Have you confirmed this with OnX? I can't recall seeing this before even when it is federal land.

There are errors on OnX and they do give you the opportunity to report them on the app.

I would cross check another source to verify what "USA" means.
I agree should double check out...

I know one prop near Henshaw says "Government lands/USA"....It is next to Indian lands...Which says "Government lands"...We have always been told it's tribal...Maybe not.

Thats the property i was looking at exactly. Looks to be a couple buildings on it but thats it. I was just curious if any of you had any insight because its not exactly clear. I mean, I'm a member of the USA, feels like i should be able to mozy up and take a look. :laughing:

Had the same thing happen to an area I hunt on CNF near tribal land. Onyx now says USA. I went to CNF office & they didn’t know anything about it. The area still says CNF land on the map in their office. Possibly a land transfer? I’ll definitely bring a paper map if I hunt that area.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu