UT Apps

TRICER

Dec 20, 2014
tricerusa.com
Get them in they are due on the March 3rd. 6 points across the board for me now starting to feel like @NBK. FYI next year they are pushing the draw opening date to March 23 and it extends 5 weeks. So if you have a current license that you bought for this draw it will not be valid next year for that draw.

Get them in they are due on the March 3rd. 6 points across the board for me now starting to feel like @NBK. FYI next year they are pushing the draw opening date to March 23 and it extends 5 weeks. So if you have a current license that you bought for this draw it will not be valid next year for that draw.

I need to get mine in. 3 pts for me, some good hunts in the state for 1 or 2 points but I need the time!

Last edited:
I was asked if I wanted to join a buddy of mine to help out with his 2 kids youth hunts. He really likes the area and he thinks I will love it. He has 4 points for himself and I have 0.

He believes I should apply to at least get a point so next time we could apply as a group. Since I would have to purchase the license this year to help the kids out I was hoping I would have at least a realistic opportunity to hunt deer.

I don't understand the out of state hunting odds and strategies. I watched videos and read some stuff. Between AZ, UT and NV i am very confused. I think I might have to build an excel spreadsheet and do a comparison.

It looks to me that in UT like other states when you have 0 points you are really hoping for a miracle to get a decent tag, But It also looks like there might be a realistic opportunity for "Archery hunts " which I am ok with.

My question is: Is it even worth applying? Are the chances to get an Archery deer tag realistic for a non resident of Utah with 0 points?

I am wondering if driving 7hrs, buying a license with no chances of getting a tag for myself this year is worthwhile.

What do you guys think?

Thanks.

I was asked if I wanted to join a buddy of mine to help out with his 2 kids youth hunts. He really likes the area and he thinks I will love it. He has 4 points for himself and I have 0.

He believes I should apply to at least get a point so next time we could apply as a group. Since I would have to purchase the license this year to help the kids out I was hoping I would have at least a realistic opportunity to hunt deer.

I don't understand the out of state hunting odds and strategies. I watched videos and read some stuff. Between AZ, UT and NV i am very confused. I think I might have to build an excel spreadsheet and do a comparison.

It looks to me that in UT like other states when you have 0 points you are really hoping for a miracle to get a decent tag, But It also looks like there might be a realistic opportunity for "Archery hunts " which I am ok with.

My question is: Is it even worth applying? Are the chances to get an Archery deer tag realistic for a non resident of Utah with 0 points?

I am wondering if driving 7hrs, buying a license with no chances of getting a tag for myself this year is worthwhile.

What do you guys think?

Thanks.
Spend $150 on GoHunt. You'll get the best odds/success calculator on the market and great mapping software.

I put in for UT every year. It's a great state. The unit where the buck in my avatar came from takes 3 points and is a general tag. The trophy hunts for elk and deer are like 20 points now but there is a great variety of antlerless and OTC to fill in the time.

Few I’m still riding for a few days on last years lic…

Most liberals do...except now they are moving there, go figure.
I don't know man..most liberals I know are in CA...they find comfort there...safety in numbers I guess..and other things..lol..that being said..waxed some good bucks outta Utah....large mammals .indeed....way to many hunts on the books for me these days...I'm down to a select few..Texas and CA are hard to beat for our time slot...and AZ ..I hate AZ also... But I'm feeling a bull tag this year with 9 points...I know a guy that lives there said he would take me..told him I'd buy the gas!!

Reactions: TRICER
All in for Utah, Wyoming, Arizona... Nevada, Colorado, California up next. I'm going elk hunting... Ed F

All in for Utah, Wyoming, Arizona... Nevada, Colorado, California up next. I'm going elk hunting... Ed F
Hell ya!! Sadly..I'll be shooting yard birds off granny's front porch...that is if the cockblockers let me engage and don't low hole me....20 points for elk .. sheep..goat..and deer...the draw gods love me and keep giving me AZONE!! Blessed for sure...I'm thinking this is my year.

Last edited:
All in with Utah! Nine different Utah draws/hunts for me. At some point, something is going to hit. Utah, Wyoming , Arizona, New Mexico and as @BOWUNTR noted: Nevada, Colorado, California and Montana up next.

Nice! Those are great bucks! I've got some cow elk points I am sitting on and that is one of the units I had my eye on. Never hunted it though, just drove by. How was the elk population?
I hunted spike in there last year. Saw lots of elk.

Reactions: 180ls1

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu