Utah Hunt Update

cattledog04

Sep 12, 2017
Just got home from my bull/cow combo elk hunt in Utah last night. It was a success in many ways, but unsuccessful in regards to not getting my first bull. I was the only one in our group to shoot a cow. She was on the run and was able to knock her down; I didn't think she was hit. She would only stop for a split second for me to pull the trigger. We went up a small rise to glass the area she headed in after I took my shot and as I looked over into this small spot that was dug out, I see her laying there. What a great surprise! Then a couple days later we were able to purchase OTC doe antelope tags. Thankfully we all got a speed goat to help fill our freezers (granted, they don't take up much room).

In between our morning and evening hunts we were able to fish a small lake about 10 miles up the road. The trout fishing was pretty good, we were able to limit out day before yesterday. Can't wait to smoke some trout on the new pellet grill! Although the elk were eluding us on this property, it was a success because me and my 10 y/o had a blast together. He was a trooper the whole time and had fun doing it. Time to start planning our local deer hunt and next years elk hunt.

Just got home from my bull/cow combo elk hunt in Utah last night. It was a success in many ways, but unsuccessful in regards to not getting my first bull. I was the only one in our group to shoot a cow. She was on the run and was able to knock her down; I didn't think she was hit. She would only stop for a split second for me to pull the trigger. We went up a small rise to glass the area she headed in after I took my shot and as I looked over into this small spot that was dug out, I see her laying there. What a great surprise! Then a couple days later we were able to purchase OTC doe antelope tags. Thankfully we all got a speed goat to help fill our freezers (granted, they don't take up much room).

In between our morning and evening hunts we were able to fish a small lake about 10 miles up the road. The trout fishing was pretty good, we were able to limit out day before yesterday. Can't wait to smoke some trout on the new pellet grill! Although the elk were eluding us on this property, it was a success because me and my 10 y/o had a blast together. He was a trooper the whole time and had fun doing it. Time to start planning our local deer hunt and next years elk hunt.
Congratulations. Cool write up.
Meat in the freezer is win win.
Plus memories for the son.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu