v3 AUTOTRICKLER has landed

Aeon

just a dude who duck hunts
GOLD SITE SUPPORTER
Feb 16, 2011
The rest of the parts got here today and let me just say OMG OMG OMG. i have not even had time to set it up right and its pretty much dead nuts on.
here is a video i shot throwing 50gr of benchmark for a test. Ill have a full review here in a bit

Nice! Can't wait to get mine. The scale is pretty amazing itself. I can't believe how quick it stabilizes

I spent all of my money on the AMP annealer...

I might have to re-appropriate some money toward the new scale. There goes my next build fund!

Dang that’s awesome! I have a rcbs powder charge master would you say this is better than that ?

quite a bit better. the change is that the fx120 is a magnetic force restoration scale ( what they use in labs ) vs a strain gauge ( not what they use in labs ) not that you can not get good results with any of the systems, just requires a lot more double checking. its also not that important for short range or mid range hunting. The farther you go the more it matters.

i have read good things about the RCBS match master but its a strain gauge too so not sure how great it is.

the top of the powder weighing machines are the Prometheus and autotrickler A&D fx120i/sartorius( sartorius is over kill ) then every else fights for scraps after that.

it might seem stupid to go to this length to get the powder perfect. Here is a good reason why its a good idea. Shooting is all variables, a long list of them.
brass
primers
powder
bullets
case prep
reloading
wind
altitude
direction of fire
humidity
temperature
position to fire from
rest to fire from
the rifle
optics and time of day
blah blah blah
if you add all of them up and it equals a miss then you start the work. if you can remove 6 off that list before you leave the house then its 6 less you need to factor in.
maybe its a hit with just that but that 6 and practice to mitigate the others as much as you can gives you a good chance to make contact

Reactions: TRICER
side note....

the video group test was not ideal. the guns used were light guns and in the wind. so not a fair test for the does powder accuracy matter or what effect does it have. The variables of light guns off bipods makes the water muddy big time. same test off a rail gun rapid fire would give better results but to be honest you just need the velocity to know what the miss will be at 1k yards. just play around with your balistic app and add 20fps to it and watch the POI chance at 1k yards :)

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu