Venison Roast for Dinner

ttrose

Nov 26, 2013
San Diego
Decided to fix a venison roast for dinner tonight. Started by putting together my marinade (see photo for recipe). I like to marinade mine overnight. Puncture a few holes in it to let it soak in better. Today I prepped everything for the oven including mushrooms, potatoes, carrots, onions, bacon and fresh herbs. I like to wrap a few pieces of bacon around it for added flavor. Put everything in an oven bag and roast for about 2 hours at 325 degrees. My wife and daughter prefer it medium so I cook it to an internal temp of 140 degrees (the thermometer in the photos had just been washed in hot water). My daughter made the homemade biscuits. It was delicious!

Attachments

• marinade.jpg
    marinade.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 34
  • step 1 prep.jpg
    step 1 prep.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 34
  • step 2 the stuff.jpg
    step 2 the stuff.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 34
  • step 3 ready for the oven.jpg
    step 3 ready for the oven.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 39
  • step 4 the finished product.jpg
    step 4 the finished product.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 39
Looks great makes me want to see if I have a roast hiding in the freezer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu