Very cold

Now that’s cold!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
40 and sunny is nice during the winter. Temps in the teens aren't bad when there isn't wind.

We are looking at -7 tomorrow night and with wind chill down to -25. I just hope my truck will run...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: longbowhunter2
40 and sunny is nice during the winter. Temps in the teens aren't bad when there isn't wind.

We are looking at -7 tomorrow night and with wind chill down to -25. I just hope my truck will run...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I grew up in Wisconsin so I remember hoping that my car would start in the morning and freezing my ass off many times but I miss those cold snowy days. When it hit the 40s people broke out the Harleys and the shorts. Took my California wife home in the winter and that never happened again! Hope your truck starts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: longbowhunter2
A couple of years back we hunted the Upper Owens at -2. The lab loved it. The rest of us, not so much. Might be heading up there on Friday. I doubt it will get below the low 20s. Boardshort weather. Flyrods, shotguns, some decoys and one crazy lab. Should be interesting.

John

Trig...I can attest to this but Henshaw can get down the very low 20s but it feels worse. I had my decoys set and the sun came up. The decoys were not moving because they were locked in ice. I didn’t notice it because I set the decoys out the day before. Knocking off ice sickels from the ears of my lab just added to the whole experience. Sheet ice along the shoreline. Very ducky. Definitely not a Wister type experience. I think we can all share such stories. Cold weather certainly adds to the overall experience when duck hunting. I prefer it to hunting ducks in the 80 degree weather and dealing with the mesquitos.

John

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: msailor

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu