Vortex UHD

bassin_rob

Nov 7, 2016
Has any messed around with the newer Vortex UHD line of binos? Haven’t been able to find much as far as comparisons between other glass in that price range and with that price tag why not spend a bit more and get swaro, zeiss, or Leica. I plan on getting the Swaro SLC 15x56s soon. But vortex’s warranty is just so damn good it’s got me wondering if the new UHD are in any way comparable.

They have them down at FFA. They are the real deal.
I have the SLC 15x56 and wouldn't trade them for anything. Pure meat seekers. If you can afford them you won't regret the purchase.

They have them down at FFA. They are the real deal.
I have the SLC 15x56 and wouldn't trade them for anything. Pure meat seekers. If you can afford them you won't regret the purchase.
I found a pretty sweet deal for the SLC’s brand new to my door for 1900. I definitely plan on ordering them real soon. Working on selling another piece of glass I have. But as soon as it’s sold I’ll be ordering them. My mind is 99.9% set on the Swaros. Only thing making me wonder is I’ve heard some mixed things about their warranty recently.

Has any messed around with the newer Vortex UHD line of binos? Haven’t been able to find much as far as comparisons between other glass in that price range and with that price tag why not spend a bit more and get swaro, zeiss, or Leica. I plan on getting the Swaro SLC 15x56s soon. But vortex’s warranty is just so damn good it’s got me wondering if the new UHD are in any way comparable.

Rob,

The warranty on Swaro's is great as well....Hell, guys buy them broke on the web and turn them in for new.

I’ve been hearing that. The website is confusing. The title is Limited lifetime warranty. But then below it talks about 10 year and 5 year.

I won’t ever say anything bad about swaro, but I have a pair of Meopta Meostar 15x56 and I feel they are very very close to the Swaros for a lot cheaper.
I’m interested in looking through the UHD’s though too just out of curiosity

I won’t ever say anything bad about swaro, but I have a pair of Meopta Meostar 15x56 and I feel they are very very close to the Swaros for a lot cheaper.
I’m interested in looking through the UHD’s though too just out of curiosity
I’ve heard good things about Meopta other than they are super heavy. If I didn’t get the Swaros I would pry go with the Mavens. Have been hearing lots of good things about maven

I’m not a Swaro fanboy, I have glass from Zeiss, Leica, Kowa, and I have the Swaro 15’s. The 15’s are amazing. They really are stunning to look through. You won’t even think about the other options when you buy them. Many animals will die. If you can get them for 1900 just do it and don’t look back.

Reactions: bassin_rob
I’m not a Swaro fanboy, I have glass from Zeiss, Leica, Kowa, and I have the Swaro 15’s. The 15’s are amazing. They really are stunning to look through. You won’t even think about the other options when you buy them. Many animals will die. If you can get them for 1900 just do it and don’t look back.
Ya that’s what I hear. Swaro has the market cornered with the 15s

Interestingly enough after purchasing a set of 12x50 Swarovskis, I read that they have several different levels of glass depending on which model you have. The 12x being their top tier glass. Why is this I do not know. However I have read this on 2 separate occasions in major outdoor magazines.

I found a pretty sweet deal for the SLC’s brand new to my door for 1900.

If your are getting new Swaro 15's for $1900 landed cost I would be cautious. No official Swarovski dealer will violate the MAP pricing agreement (they will lose their Swaro dealership). Which means you are possibly getting a counterfeit product, a stolen product or a refurbished product. Beware Robbie...

MAP pricing on the Swaro 15x56 binoculars is $2299

The Razor UHD's are the best binocular in their price point at the moment. And made in Japan again.

If your are getting new Swaro 15's for $1900 landed cost I would be cautious. No official Swarovski dealer will violate the MAP pricing agreement (they will lose their Swaro dealership). Which means you are possibly getting a counterfeit product, a stolen product or a refurbished product. Beware Robbie...

MAP pricing on the Swaro 15x56 binoculars is $2299

The Razor UHD's are the best binocular in their price point at the moment. And made in Japan again.
That was a concern of mine. It’s from a “verified seller” on a pretty big optics selling page on facebook. Over 50,000 members and the guy is on the trusted sellers pinned page made by the admins on the sight. I was going to message the admins just to double check tho.

That was a concern of mine. It’s from a “verified seller” on a pretty big optics selling page on facebook. Over 50,000 members and the guy is on the trusted sellers pinned page made by the admins on the sight. I was going to message the admins just to double check tho.
Everything about that sounds sketchy! I bought mine at FFA. I like brick and mortar it’s nice to look threw optics in person.

I’ve heard good things about Meopta other than they are super heavy. If I didn’t get the Swaros I would pry go with the Mavens. Have been hearing lots of good things about maven

Love my Mavens...though I still need to get some of the elk blood off from last year. Spotted the elk just under 4 miles away with my B4 15x's though I will admit I would prefer their new B5 15's because they are sleeker like my B2's.

Love my Mavens...though I still need to get some of the elk blood off from last year. Spotted the elk just under 4 miles away with my B4 15x's though I will admit I would prefer their new B5 15's because they are sleeker like my B2's.
For the 10x42s I buy soon I’ll probably be buying maven.

Grey market beware.....kick down the 400 and get um at the shop and peel the plastic off the box...my swaros have paid for themselves an ungodly amount of times...

Reactions: NBK
Was this from Optics Buy Sell Trade on Facebook?

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu