Wader recommendations

CuppedUp

Nov 28, 2019
Looking for new waders, what do you recommend for breathables? Looking for a pair that will last, but don’t want to spend the $$ on Simms.

I’ve read reviews on all brands, and seems like each has the “good” and “bad” reviews... just trying to find which had less “bad”. Thanks

I think if you are not going to spend the money on a high end brand then it is luck of the draw. I have some crappy waders that have lasted 6 seasons and then others that last 1/2 a season.

Right now I am just using the Cabela's breathables.

Right now, I'm using the Academy Sports breathables...Bought 2 pair...Lots of great features and have lasted as good as any other breathable...They were only 70 bucks a pair...They're no longer sold at this price and Academy won't ship to Commiefornia...I would purpose them again, even if they increased the price.

Before this, I used nothing but Cabela's...Always liked their fit, boots, and warranty.

the cabelas waders are great. i use the waste cut ones unless i know i have to go into deep water. easy to fix and they last a long time. If you have a long inseam the wader pants are cut longer.

Hmmph... I've never rattled-in a Rat before stikbrandon... :) Might have to try it!
WP_20160512_002.jpg

Last edited:
I found that pair that fits well will last longer , so I like to try them on .

Another vote for the Cabela's breathables. Love mine they've lasted seasons. Whatever you get take care of them... after every hunt I wash them in Woolite and wipe down the boots with Armor All.
never wash mine but i do keep them in a air tight bag in the off season. ozone is what kills the rubber and the only way to stop that exposure is in a bag

Ozone rusts metal too! My vise and my drill-press are near to wear I run an Ozone generator for my hunting laundry that's hung up in the garage. I noticed the oxidation the other day.

Compass 360 deadfall breathable stocking foot $119. Best wader i have ever worn.

I took a look at gator, they do not know the difference from breathable and neoprene.

Reactions: nicapopolis

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu