Wascally wabbits

SurfNHuntSD

Oct 1, 2013
San Diego
20180701_111602.jpg

Had a nice walk in the field this morning chasing wabbits. I took home 4 and my buddy 2.. should've been a limit for me but I biffed my last shot. These are destined for the fryer with some gravy!

Only bummer of the day is my Kenetreks.. they are eating my feet alive. Arghhh.

20180701_115137.jpg

Reactions: Smokey58

Truduct

Dec 20, 2014
Looks like a productive morning. You have got this rabbit thing down!

Are the boots new and just not broken in? Are you wearing nice socks? Nice socks make a world of difference.

Reactions: SurfNHuntSD

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Congrats Jason....There's some good eats right there.

ps....Sweet looking rabbit gun....17 HMR?

pss...That's a nasty blister...Drop those boots in some water...Then maybe mold to your foot.

SurfNHuntSD

Oct 1, 2013
San Diego
Looks like a productive morning. You have got this rabbit thing down!

Are the boots new and just not broken in? Are you wearing nice socks? Nice socks make a world of difference.
Yea they're fairly new but I feel like they should be broken in already (about 15-20 miles in). I wear REI liners and Smartwool mountaineer socks.. never had a problem like this until I 'upgraded' to the Kenetreks. Just hoping I didn't invest poorly in these boots.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

SurfNHuntSD

Oct 1, 2013
San Diego
Congrats Jason....There's some good eats right there.

ps....Sweet looking rabbit gun....17 HMR?

pss...That's a nasty blister...Drop those boots in some water...Then maybe mold to your foot.
Thanks Steve. Actually it's my buddy's gun (CZ .22LR).. mine was put away already so this was a convenient prop for the pic lol. But I do shoot a .17HMR (Savage) or .22LR (Marlin 60) for bunnies, though neither is as pretty as his gun.

Truduct

Dec 20, 2014
Yea they're fairly new but I feel like they should be broken in already (about 15-20 miles in). I wear REI liners and Smartwool mountaineer socks.. never had a problem like this until I 'upgraded' to the Kenetreks. Just hoping I didn't invest poorly in these boots.

Dang that stinks. I always have a pack of mole skins in my hunting pack. I reccomend putting mole skins on the next couple time out. If they don’t break in then I would send th pictures to kenetrek and see if they will refund you.

I bought a pair of Schneez beartooths I am liking them so far. I got 10.5 at first put about 8 miles on them and they didn’t feel right. They took them back no questions asked and sent me some size 11. When you pay $400 for a pair of boots I expect $400 service.

Adventure Medical Kits Pre-cut and Shaped Moleskin Padding, 28 Piece

TheGDog

Nov 28, 2018
WGG
I HIGHLY recommend you buy some FoxRiver liner socks... and wear them inside some Darn Tough Merino Wool socks.

My skin shreds/blisters very easily. and with these products I've DOUBLED the amount of distance I can hike before blistering/peeling.