Waterfowl Application

Dawnandusk

Sep 26, 2018
Bonita
I need to learn how the drawing works. I hope someone can help. I ignore how it works.
If I get lucky and my name is drawn for example to go to San Jacinto, I read: " Reservation is valid for up to four people, but not more than two junior hunters or non-shooters, except for the three pit blinds which are limited to two people", does it mean that I can bring another 2 or 3 hunters with me that day?
Thanks in advance.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
You can bring them...You just can't have more than 4 hunters in a blind.....And you can't pick a spot that has a pit blind (W-7 for instance).

Reactions: Dawnandusk
Steve is there a link on line that details. The application process.
I am also interested.
Plus a little more detail from you current veterans would be helpful.
Where to pull the application?
How to fill it out, what to look for
Which blinds or areas in more detail.
Best
LB

Reactions: Dawnandusk
Thank you Steve,
here goes my next question.
Is there a map of the location showing where all the hunters will be assigned? I mean, a newbie like me get's the fortune to come up first on the day of the drawing, and then what? How do I know which place to choose? if there is a blind or not, if there is a pit or not.
I know... experience will tell.
:)

Thank you Steve,
here goes my next question.
Is there a map of the location showing where all the hunters will be assigned? I mean, a newbie like me get's the fortune to come up first on the day of the drawing, and then what? How do I know which place to choose? if there is a blind or not, if there is a pit or not.
I know... experience will tell.
:)

Fabian,

DFW website has the instructions there.....It's quite easy.....Go to DSFW site, then to draws & applications, then hunting, then waterfowl reservations.....I'd go season long at San Jacinto & Wister.....If you can only hunt week-ends then just choose those days (San J is only open Wed & Sat).....If you get drawn, give me a call.....Hunting waterfowl is not easy here.....You will have to have a mentor for bird ID, where to go, what to bring, etc....

If you get drawn for San Jacinto, Tom will help you.....If you get drawn for Wister.....You better have an experienced Wisterite with you.

ps....If you're going to try to hunt opening day.....Then your application has to be in by Oct 6th.

Go to DSFW site, then to draws & applications, then hunting, then waterfowl reservations.....I'd go season long at San Jacinto & Wister

First year doing waterfowl applications... On DFW I can apply for season long as well as 'multi choice' for all the same hunts. Selecting all from both catergories am I effectively doubling entries or is that an oversite on the DFW website?

Reactions: longbowhunter2
First year doing waterfowl applications... On DFW I can apply for season long as well as 'multi choice' for all the same hunts. Selecting all from both catergories am I effectively doubling entries or is that an oversite on the DFW website?

You can do either one but not both. if the system lets you do both I think you will be disqualified.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fabian,

DFW website has the instructions there.....It's quite easy.....Go to DSFW site, then to draws & applications, then hunting, then waterfowl reservations.....I'd go season long at San Jacinto & Wister.....If you can only hunt week-ends then just choose those days (San J is only open Wed & Sat).....If you get drawn, give me a call.....Hunting waterfowl is not easy here.....You will have to have a mentor for bird ID, where to go, what to bring, etc....

If you get drawn for San Jacinto, Tom will help you.....If you get drawn for Wister.....You better have an experienced Wisterite with you.

ps....If you're going to try to hunt opening day.....Then your application has to be in by Oct 6th.

If I get drawn for wednesdays most likely I will be going alone, so I will post here to see if someone wants to come along.
I will call you if I get lucky Steve.
I didn't know it was so complicated... I did see what birds flying at dawn look like... I couldn't see what they were until the sun came up!! LOL
I can see myself getting in trouble.
It is too much to soak up in a short period of time. I will try my best.

If I get drawn for wednesdays most likely I will be going alone, so I will post here to see if someone wants to come along.
I will call you if I get lucky Steve.
I didn't know it was so complicated... I did see what birds flying at dawn look like... I couldn't see what they were until the sun came up!! LOL
I can see myself getting in trouble.
It is too much to soak up in a short period of time. I will try my best.
When in doubt don’t shoot!

Yep you'll probably end up with a cormorant or something. Some mornings right at shoot time it's still dark AF and I hear guys shooting and I'm like how the heck are they ID'ing these birds right now..

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
That's exactly what I thought.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu