Waterfowl hunting gear during offseason

Tkleveno51

Oct 12, 2019
Alright everyone. This was my first season of waterfowl hunting and I absolutely loved it. I will now add this to my many other hobbies and passions of life.

I have been able to acquire some of the basic equipment throughout the season. My questions are

1: do you guys have any places you keep an eye out for gear on sale being the off-season. I saw Drake did some sales, just was hesitant to buy since I could not try any on and it was all sales are final

2: mainly for decoys is there anywhere you have seen that will have a good discount or sale. Online or in stores. I am keeping an eye out a Bass Pro. Really the only large store near me.

Thank you in advance for any recommendations.

Last edited:
There will be a number of places that will have waterfowl gear on sale or close-outs...Roger's Sporting Goods, Wal-Mart (yes, Wal-Mart online), Midway USA, Mack's Prairie Wings, and TangleFree to name just a few...BPS's & Cabela's best sales are just before the season it seems.

Also watch Facebook, Craig list, Good Willy and places such as this.

Reactions: Aeon
Haha! Yah, they are still around! I have purchased all kinds of stuff from them over the years. From my current Drake LST waterfowling jacket to hats, T shirts, pants, socks, decoys and even a sweet lighter for my pipe! Just gotta wait for the sales.

Reactions: ilovesprig

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu