Waterfowl Hunting Regulations Set for 2020-2021

Also came across this within the above that ought to interest our vets...
Veteran hunt days

Veterans and active-duty military personnel will have their own special waterfowl hunt days. The two special hunt days are allowed under a new federal law, and like youth hunt weekends, they will come out of the 107 days of total duck and goose hunting allowed in each zone.

The veteran hunt days will be held the weekend after the close of general duck and goose season in the Northeastern Zone, which reduces the general season length there to 103 days. Veteran hunt days will be held after Youth Hunt Weekend in the Balance of State, Southern San Joaquin Valley and Southern California zones.

Allowable species include ducks, American coots, common moorhens and geese for the Southern San Joaquin Valley and Southern California zones. However, in the Northeastern and Balance of State zones, geese will not be allowed during veteran hunt days because all 107 available days are used during regular and late seasons (and youth hunt weekends) to address crop depredation concerns.

Participants will need to carry proof of eligibility for the hunt, including a Veterans Affairs-issued veterans ID card, state issued driver’s license or identification card with veteran designation or a current military identification card.

Doesn't give the exact dates for it but I would assume the weekend after the Junior Hunt - maybe?

Also came across this within the above that ought to interest our vets...

Doesn't give the exact dates for it but I would assume the weekend after the Junior Hunt - maybe?
Yes, it is after the junior hunt. I wonder if San J will have a pancake breakfast for the veterans as well?

Reactions: ilovesprig
Not a lot of changes in SoCal...1 less scaup (so what), still 1 pintail (WTF!), split days for the extended snow season (why is there even an extended season in Imperial), and extra vet days (nice).

Not a lot of changes in SoCal...1 less scaup (so what), still 1 pintail (WTF!), split days for the extended snow season (why is there even an extended season in Imperial), and extra vet days (nice).
Agree extended season in Imperial is doing more harm then good. I have a fear IMO that the state may close hunting down in the fall

Funny cause i was just contiplating or justifing 300 dollars for all the licenses to hunt. Is it gonna be worth it if they do shut it down?
Moneys tight rt.now.

Funny cause i was just contiplating or justifing 300 dollars for all the licenses to hunt. Is it gonna be worth it if they do shut it down?
Moneys tight rt.now.

Mac,

Lots of revenue lost, if they close the season on wildlife areas & refuges...Not that the anti's give a rats a$$ what revenue is lost...And no, it won't be worth it unless you have a club, decent public, or the river.

Mac,

Lots of revenue lost, if they close the season on wildlife areas & refuges...Not that the anti's give a rats a$$ what revenue is lost...And no, it won't be worth it unless you have a club, decent public, or the river.
Would really suck to see all that hard work at wister not being utilized. Im like "cant wait to see and hunt it".

Reactions: ilovesprig
Well i gave in.just need fed stamp. Speakun of which i never recieved my collector stamps fer 2019

Propasition WHAT? went to big 5 to get clay target ammo and they would not sell it to me.wth
Because i have not purchased a gun in a long time and i moved.not counting i had a po box on my license cause when i was trucking.had no address.drama.whats this world comin to. communist usa.i havr a current hunt licesne that should be good enough.then i took this pic.and the manager said its against the law to take a picture.i said whatever.0610201559~2.jpg

• Angry
Reactions: longbowhunter2
Mac,

Kind of old news...I know folks who just went and bought the cheapest gun they could find just to get in the system...And you're right...PURE BS!

Mac,

Kind of old news...I know folks who just went and bought the cheapest gun they could find just to get in the system...And you're right...PURE BS!
Yea so they want me to change my license to a address and re regeister my gun.
Heres the ironic part i bought a 870 from big 5 about 7 ir 8 yrs ago

Reactions: longbowhunter2
I'm with you, Mike....Anti's and tree hungers have the foot in the door they've needed.

Buy your licenses early , I'm skepticle that the state will allow a full hunting season. First thing they'll do is shutdown state and federal operations , then , stop the sell of hunting license.

And you can expect the state run operations to do the same as the gyms and cafes , 25% capacity or a 100 hunters whichever is less.

At least if we have our licenses we can still go the club if your fortunate enough to belong to one , or at the very least chase the upland birds.

At any rate it's going to be a very interesting season.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu