We are going to Alaska

Will?

• Total voters
I would be okay pulling the trigger on a charging griz with a 338 RUM.

Reactions: TRICER
I would be okay pulling the trigger on a charging griz with a 338 RUM.
Your going 338Rum LP is going 30Nos. Feel like I am bringing a pea shooter with the 280AI. I will have the 44mag on the chest and bear spray on the hip belt. Working on getting a 3 man 4 season tent on eBay right now.
I really need this trip to numb my mind for the next few months. This move will kill me before a griz does.

Oh man it is gear time!
Your going 338Rum LP is going 30Nos. Feel like I am bringing a pea shooter with the 280AI. I will have the 44mag on the chest and bear spray on the hip belt. Working on getting a 3 man 4 season tent on eBay right now.
I really need this trip to numb my mind for the next few months. This move will kill me before a griz does.

Oh man...it is gear time! I am torn about bringing pistol but might be a good idea while fishing. A single tent for everyone? Meals? Down vs synthetic? Time to get an inreach

This is going to be good!

Oh man it is gear time!

Oh man...it is gear time! I am torn about bringing pistol but might be a good idea while fishing. A single tent for everyone? Meals? Down vs synthetic? Time to get an inreach

This is going to be good!
No probably 2 guys in a 3 man definitely not 3. More than likely synthetic, I have an inreach.

Is this just for Caribou? Or is bear and sheep on the menu? Not sure if any dove there ..but bring a high dollar over under just in case!! Documentation is key!!

do not forget the dove mojos!!!!!!!!!!

Is this just for Caribou? Or is bear and sheep on the menu? Not sure if any dove there ..but bring a high dollar over under just in case!! Documentation is key!!
Caribou and hopefully a bonus wolf or wolverine. Not really any black bears in the area but pretty much guaranteed to be hanging out with Grizzly the whole trip.
As for upland the camp shotgun will get used for some ptarmigan and grouse if they make an appearance.

Good shit man....when you all going?

Good shit man....when you all going?
Still working out the dates we are a little late to the party so prime time is booked. We are asking for the last week of August but looks like it might be in September. I don’t really want to go early august I have heard the bugs can be brutal. Problem with Mid September is winter comes on hard up there. We will be 30 miles above the Arctic Circle

Last edited:
Ahh man...the bugs.suck! Regardless ..you guys gonna have a blast...1 bou or 2 limit?

Ahh man...the bugs.suck! Regardless ..you guys gonna have a blast...1 bou or 2 limit?
It’s almost all 1 now for non res. They won’t even let non res hunt moose in our unit since 2017. The subsistence stuff is taking a toll on the non res guys.

Last edited:
Yessssss boys…. I have one question: who’s going full body mount? Ahhh it’s a shame I can’t sign on for this one.

Yessssss boys…. I have one question: who’s going full body mount? Ahhh it’s a shame I can’t sign on for this one.
I was joking with LP yesterday that I really want you to go but at the same time I feel like a jerk rooting against what you are trying to do. The planning is fun, 10 months to look forward to the hunt.

Reactions: ilovesprig

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu