Week 8 @ Sweetwater

NBK

Trying to be the man my dog thinks I am.
GOLD SITE SUPPORTER
Mar 8, 2011
San Diego, Ca.
Missed week 8 due to an 8 day trip to baja to visit DT Bushpilot. Good times.

This week was slow, water was green and the algae was annoying. Two fish and 3 misses. Started the morning off with a broken ceramic insert (tip eye) on the G Loomis. Had to hand file the eye with a stone so it would'nt destroy my line. Thank goodness for braid.

Had fun regardless. All plastics today.

20190513_171924.jpg

Lots of good food. Definitely some liver damage. Enjoyed the family. We went out on the Outcast and caught one marlin. The season is just beginning. DT Bushpilot caught a few yellowfin the day I arrived. Saw roosters off the beach, had one follow but no love. Another month and it should heat up.

I went last Monday, but not this week. Sounds like it was about the same though. Slow with a couple fish and lots of algae.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: NBK
John,

It's BS....I can't believe our local sportsman (especially bass fishing clubs) aren't up in arms with the letting our lakes get drawn down during the spawn.... We have lost a whole year of recruitment/fry! after a great winter & spring of rain....Lake Sutherland is a total shame to what the water district has done there....And Hodges isn't much better....Moving water to Olivenhain Reservoir….Where we can't fish....:mad:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu