Well, bye

Ahh ya....best move I ever made...put one thru college and 3 thru highschool once we left jackastan....all 4 are off to an incredible start to life...good call dude..you won't regret it..

This is still
Something we are seriously considering in 2.5 years.... have to get through a work commitment before we make the decision

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is still
Something we are seriously considering in 2.5 years.... have to get through a work commitment before we make the decision

Don't wait. Sinking ship and all. Hahaha.

But seriously, make good plans now.

I as well as my wife have spent many years living outside these prison walls. We want back out.

Living without mountains will be new to me, as all I know is here and Utah. But...I can still make trips out west where my mountains are.

Was a hard decision to leave my job as I do love it. (An invisible man can attest)

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
Don't wait. Sinking ship and all. Hahaha.

But seriously, make good plans now.

I as well as my wife have spent many years living outside these prison walls. We want back out.

Living without mountains will be new to me, as all I know is here and Utah. But...I can still make trips out west where my mountains are.

Was a hard decision to leave my job as I do love it. (An invisible man can attest)

Long time no hear from Invisible Man here on SCH....How is Doug?

Congrats, wish you the best. I'm still working on it, I have no desire to see my kids indoctrinated at public schools and colleges here in CA.

Congratulations @Creeping Death

We are considering the same thing right now. We sold our house and are now living in the motorhome waiting to decide what to do. If we leave soon we plan to go to Kansas City Missouri. I would like to stay till my retirement is squared away but we are ready to leave if we need to.

I'm at the same point in life as Creeping death, to old to think about making that kind of move. We have been staying here to watch and enjoy our grand kids as they have grown. We new the sacrifices we were making by staying but we just couldn't leave and not watch and participate in their growth. The oldest will be off to out of state college next fall. The youngest will not graduate high school until 2024. It has been a real joy watching them grow and the sacrifice well worth it.

I am blue with envy right now. Wishing I could get out, but student loans are so high, that the only places I can go are other very high COL liberal cities because thats where I would get paid enough to be able to afford my loan payments.

Best of luck! I'm looking to get out of here after our baby is born. She is due the first week of March. Been applying and looking for work. I've been tryin to convince my wife we need to leave CA and with the baby on the way she is finally on board. Idaho is calling our name..

"The mountains are calling and I must go.."

Best of luck! I'm looking to get out of here after our baby is born. She is due the first week of March. Been applying and looking for work. I've been tryin to convince my wife we need to leave CA and with the baby on the way she is finally on board. Idaho is calling our name..

"The mountains are calling and I must go.."

Idaho is calling everyone's name it seems! What part?

Been looking at homes in Nampa and Meridian but most likely somewhere near Boise at first. My wife has family out there. I'd like to have a place near Cascade. One of her uncles left the south bay 25yrs ago to move out there..said he couldn't stand the traffic then :joy:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu