What’s in your freezer?

QuailSlayer

Nov 23, 2019
North County Coastal
With the hunt season winding down, thought it would be interesting to see what wild game (harvested by YOU, not purchased or given to) others have in their freezer. Below is in our 2 freezers currently and the spot prawns definitely in our top 3 as a favorite.

Quail, dove, pheasant, duck, turkey, wild boar, king salmon, spot prawns, bluefin tuna, yellowfin tuna, yellowtail, red snapper, whitefish.

There must be some pretty interesting stuff in the freezers out there!

IMG_1465.jpgP1020535.JPG

Last edited:
Wild boar (almost gone, old picture), blue fin and yellow fin. Getting a chest freezer for 2020, hope to fill it with more wild game than Costco crap.....View attachment 42749
Shoot straight in May you should be looking pretty good. I am bringing a gun this time there will be pork chops! We still need to euro that thing we will have to do it in June and do a bunch at the same time.

I don’t think I told you after we booked OC asked me to do a shop tour in March in Texas. I agreed and extended the trip 3 days so I can go kill some .

Reactions: Littlmama
Shoot straight in May you should be looking pretty good. I am bringing a gun this time there will be pork chops! We still need to euro that thing we will have to do it in June and do a bunch at the same time.

I don’t think I told you after we booked OC asked me to do a shop tour in March in Texas. I agreed and extended the trip 3 days so I can go kill some .
It's going to be a great season! Think it's time to pull the trigger on that new gun I was talking about. I got an invite yesterday to tour a manufacturing plant in Houston. The rep said plan on staying an extra day or two......

With the hunt season winding down, thought it would be interesting to see what wild game (harvested by YOU, not purchased or given to) others have in their freezer. Below is in our 2 freezers currently and the spot prawns definitely in our top 3 as a favorite.

Quail, dove, pheasant, duck, turkey, wild boar, king salmon, spot prawns, bluefin tuna, yellowfin tuna, yellowtail, red snapper, whitefish.

There must be some pretty interesting stuff in the freezers out there!

View attachment 42688View attachment 42689
I'm curious where did you catch the prawns at ?

I'm curious where did you catch the prawns at ?

Mostly trapped the prawns just north of San Juan Island and some near Lopez Island (Washington state). The tips that the locals passed along were invaluable. Can't say enough about the outdoor courtesy of the Northwest folks and the Canadians. We had our boat in Canada for a while and the San Juan Island chain was very close and loaded with prawns and crab. But I always prawned from the dinghy and bagged several hundred during the short season. Briefly checked into prawning in SoCal but doesn't really seem available to private boaters. P1020531.JPG

Reactions: Dawnandusk
Mostly trapped the prawns just north of San Juan Island and some near Lopez Island (Washington state). The tips that the locals passed along were invaluable. Can't say enough about the outdoor courtesy of the Northwest folks and the Canadians. We had our boat in Canada for a while and the San Juan Island chain was very close and loaded with prawns and crab. But I always prawned from the dinghy and bagged several hundred during the short season. Briefly checked into prawning in SoCal but doesn't really seem available to private boaters. View attachment 42772
Nice haul. A buddy of mine lives in the San Juan Islands and says the fishing and deer hunting is awesome. Need to give him a ring...

Reactions: Dawnandusk
Gave most of my game meat away last week because my wife and I are empty nested lately and with her health not doing so well. Lookimg forward to the next time it makes a difference...

Just noticed the “high on kennels” from your post. Your wife is a wonderful women and trainer. We left our best friend and hunting dog with her 13 years ago up at the Mesa Grande property. She trained our pup (and me) well. Was saddened to hear of her health. God bless.

Reactions: NBK and TRICER
Just noticed the “high on kennels” from your post. Your wife is a wonderful women and trainer. We left our best friend and hunting dog with her 13 years ago up at the Mesa Grande property. She trained our pup (and me) well. Was saddened to hear of her health. God bless.
Thanks Quail, My wife Tracy taught me everything I know about bird dogs over many years and we're still at it through her legacy and skill's that she so graciously passed on to me.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu