What's on the Calendar for Fall??

TRICER

Dec 20, 2014
tricerusa.com
Well most of the apps are in. I have Oregon coming up points only, California, and AZ Deer. But I pretty much have my schedule set for the fall.

August UT doe hunt with the boys and @BBH should be fun no pressure hunt. Cool to deer hunt in August with a rifle. Hoping the boys will both put down their first deer.

September Doves and more than likely A22 with @BBH still kicking around that late season D16 Muzzleloader tag just for the fun of it.

First week of October 7 days in Idaho Frank Church fly in backpack hunt with Elk, Deer, Bear, and wolf tags. This is the hunt of the year stay tuned for this one hoping to pack out @Lungpopper and @Kellendv animals on this one!!! If I'm lucky they might leave a few for me. Lots on panning went into this hunt and it is definitely the top of the list for me.

D16 in San Diego pretty much a guide on this one both boys will have tags and one will have a G13. We are filling the freezer this year one way or another.

Thanksgiving week youth AZ deer and Javelina hunt with the boys and @BBH. Hopefully no coatimundis will be harmed on this one but no promises made I don't think anything legal is safe anymore. The boys are killers and their shooting skills are growing exponentially. This hunt will be special I can feel it.

December and January are open for ducking and upland. I might squeeze another deer hunt in over in AZ but I have a feeling momma is gonna be pretty over it by Christmas.

So there you go what's on your calendars? Back to hunting if I want the news I will go to Fox.

Last edited:
Crossin my fingers for the UT Doe Hunt, in August.

Mid August I hope I draw the tag that will let me chase the fuzzy Bucks in Utah. Possibly Arizona if my Utah tag doesn’t pan out in my favor.

mid of September I hope my Cali points come through for me this year and I pull that elusive X9A tag.

October-November, D16, waterfowl and upland.

December-January, chassin the 2” spoonbill and Arizona Archery deer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: YETI and TRICER
Yeah my wife basically has told me that I cannot leave her with the kids alone for too long...so my trips are fairly simple this year.

Colorado 1st Season elk / bear tag

Cow Elk (its a long season so I may try to extend my 1st season elk hunt) and then back in December if unsuccessful on the first trip.

Colorado 2nd season mule deer

D16 (probably 2x)

I will hopefully spend the extra time filling the freezer with fish.

Reactions: TRICER
I have a Couple other options if my draws dont pull through for me

i am a mess this fall, No big game out of state. just the same old bird stuff in mex and local deer

I have zero draw tags so far... pending miracles-

Colorado- sheep, goat
Utah- deer, sheep, goat, buffalo
Arizona- sheep, deer, buffalo
Nevada- elk, sheep
California- sheep, elk, antelope
Wyoming- elk

OTC deer in Arizona and Nebraska. Points for everything else. I hate this time of year... Ed F

Looking to burn my one hard earned point on a G13 and D16 2nd. Upland season blasting and casting in the IV. Also hope to fit in a few overnight trips as usual.

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
Points only for everything again this year, gotta get through my challenges work and home life wise. This virus thing has turned work life upside down and I'm hoping to recover what I've lost so far when we can get back to work.

Sounds like its going to be a great fall Drew! Those boys will be fill some tags no doubt! Im hoping to land my first A22 tag and a D16 buck tag for my 2nd. Putting in for points for the first time in CA on a long shot. Also hoping to be able to draw a cow elk tag for Oct. in Idaho if not I will still try for an OTC Bull tag if they decide to open back up OTC to non-residents. Going to have a wolf tag in my pocket as well if i can land an elk tag. Then going to try waterfowl in Dec/Jan as well as upland in sept and end of the year.

Should draw general WY deer, possibly antelope. Will definitely draw Whitetail Doe tags in same unit. Also have a good shot at a UT rifle deer hunt to hopefully combine trips. Other than that, A-zone deer and Bear, glassed up a bear yesterday, hopefully stays in the area until August. Hoping to make it up for at least a weekend to hunt bear in a b zone if I strike out locally.

Dude..nothing close to that...i gotta get the wife to pick up way more shifts!! Good luck man ..im just gonna have another year of standing there!

Can’t wait for fall. The Idaho hunt will absolutely be the highlight of the year Drew... it’s going to be a ton of work and a ton of fun. Awaiting draw results from UT. Will apply for Nevada in the next few days, always a long shot but potential for a killer hunt if you do draw. Points only in CO, tentatively planning to hunt that next year. Will likely do my annual AZ Coues hunt in November one more time this year before I move on to something else for a few years. It’s a guaranteed tag and so much fun. In California I’ll hunt the mighty D16 and probably one other SoCal D zone.

I will be hunting close to home here in CO.

Local archery deer. Got a lead on a whopper mule deer from last year that still lives. I may get stuck trying to kill a whitetail though.

Local antelope, maybe archery, maybe rifle, who knows.

Maybe archery elk. It depends on how much time I have.

My wife might get a rifle RFW cow elk tag a couple of miles up the road. Hoping for Coronavirus point un-creep.

Looking like:

California Deer X5B - should draw (min 14 points) & D16
New Mexico Elk
Arizona and California Quail
Arizona Waterfowl
Arizona and California Dove & Euros

Possibly heading to Canada for waterfowl

Pending the same miracles as @BOWUNTR

Nevada - sheep, elk, deer, antelope
Arizona deer, sheep, antelope, elk
Utah- deer, sheep, goat, buffalo, moose, antelope
California elk, sheep, antelope
Colorado sheep, elk, deer, goat
Wyoming elk, deer, antelope

Reactions: Kellendv
Looking like:

California Deer X5B - should draw (min 14 points) & D16
New Mexico Elk
Arizona and California Quail
Arizona Waterfowl
Arizona and California Dove & Euros

Possibly heading to Canada for waterfowl

Pending the same miracles as @BOWUNTR

Nevada - sheep, elk, deer, antelope
Arizona deer, sheep, antelope, elk
Utah- deer, sheep, goat, buffalo, moose, antelope
California elk, sheep, antelope
Colorado sheep, elk, deer, goat
Wyoming elk, deer, antelope
Curious to see how you do in x5b be sure to let us know.

Reactions: NBK
I’m looking at probably draw a Colorado 3rd season deer tag and then my local California d zone tags. Hopefully a miracle and draw a sheep tag somewhere somehow

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu