When is Camp roberts open for public (hog)

entropy

Oct 8, 2018
Hi All,

I am new to the forum. Just moved to Sierra Madre, CA from Vermont a few months ago. I am planning my first wild pig hunt and I've been looking at fort hunter ligget and camp roberts. I can't find much info about camp roberts, other than I have to buy a $100 permit. When is the camp generally open for civilians to hunt? is it like fort hunter ligget only weekends and certain zones? or is it only a few weekends a year?

Feel free to PM me any of this info if you think it is shouldn't be public. I've been trying to call camp roberts, but can't get a hold of them.

Thanks!

Last edited:
amp Roberts: Operated by the California National Guard, this holding consists of 165,000 acres. Located just off of California State Highway 101, north of Paso Robles and about 25 miles south of King City, this military installation supports a solid population of both deer and wild pigs. The Wildlife Check Station is located inside Gate 3, near the East Garrison exit (exit 245), off Highway 101. However, access to the installation and hunting regulation frequently change, so prospective hunters are advised to check the Camp Roberts website (wqww.calguard.ca.gov/cprbts) or call (805) 238-8167 for recorded information.

sincevehicular.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: longbowhunter2

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu