Winchester model 1894 30-30

Cool gun Lee.. love my 94. It'll be my son's one day.. was his great grandfather's.
fb897c447c0e9da878353c62f0bfa65c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Very cool, sure is a tough sturdy rifle. I killed a few deer with it.
And that lever action was quick.
Very accurate with iron sights.
A very heavy rifle to carry.
I would carry it hiking the mountains 5 or more miles.

Reactions: Smokey58
Did I say this was fun rifle to shoot.
Because it was heavy very little recoil. For it's day it was an accurate
Rifle. And it was a fast reload.
Heavy duty, reliable, an excellent
Saddle rifle on horse back.
Fun, fun, fun days.

Ive got an old one as well. It has a history behind it for sure. One of my relatives was a border and customs agent in San Diego in the early 1910's or possibly 1920's. . There was a little skirmish down on the border where a shootout took place between the agents and some bandido's. The 1894 rifle along with an 45-70 revolver were recovered from one of the bandido's after he was shot dead. While the 45-70 revolver went "missing" (loaned out and never returned) the rifle has been passed down throughout the years. Unfortunately the stock was re-finished by my uncle back in the 50's or 60's and the barrel has some pitting but it still shoots according to what my dad told me. I havent fired it. Need to take it to Fine Firearms and ask for their opinion on it.

Ive got an old one as well. It has a history behind it for sure. One of my relatives was a border and customs agent in San Diego in the early 1910's or possibly 1920's. . There was a little skirmish down on the border where a shootout took place between the agents and some bandido's. The 1894 rifle along with an 45-70 revolver were recovered from one of the bandido's after he was shot dead. While the 45-70 revolver went "missing" (loaned out and never returned) the rifle has been passed down throughout the years. Unfortunately the stock was re-finished by my uncle back in the 50's or 60's and the barrel has some pitting but it still shoots according to what my dad told me. I havent fired it. Need to take it to Fine Firearms and ask for their opinion on it.
Great History there for sure.
Wow

Great History there for sure.
Wow
Dont mean to thread hijack. This article has more info...possibly even where the rifle came from. ADMIN....delete if not right for this thread. This just sparked a little interest in me to find some info on him. Here is a snippet from the history of San Diego County. He was my Great-Grandfathers brother. Im laughing at the last few lines of this. Even back then my family was Republican....lol

Attachments

• evans_0001.jpg
    evans_0001.jpg
    409.9 KB · Views: 8
  • evans_0002.jpg
    evans_0002.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 6

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu