Wister Blinds

Khanda

Aug 28, 2019
Wildomar
Does anything like this exist for the Wister blinds? I'm not super familiar with them and imagery doesn't really match the maps I've seen.

Attachments

• SJ GPS Coordinates (2).pdf
    266.8 KB · Views: 62
  • SJ GPS Coordinates.pdf
    266.8 KB · Views: 20
Reactions: Designed2Hunt
Nope wister you just show up at 3am stumble down hopefully your right dyke until you hit a metal pole with possibly a reflector on it. Then you look around to see if there are any blind already built in the area. If not get your machetes and shears and get to work.

Does anything like this exist for the Wister blinds? I'm not super familiar with them and imagery doesn't really match the maps I've seen.
I've seen them in print at the check station. Never seen it electronically.

I have a map with all coordinates of parking lots at home...I also used to do a map that showed which ponds had water, which ponds were huntable, and which ponds had what as far as food & cover (depth of water as well).

I don't imagine anyone is doing that these days.

I have a map with all coordinates of parking lots at home...I also used to do a map that showed which ponds had water, which ponds were huntable, and which ponds had what as far as food & cover (depth of water as well).

I don't imagine anyone is doing that these days.
Well get home and do it, would ya???

i would be down to create a google map of the area but one of you duckers needs to come over and sit with me while we make it. I do not hunt that god for saken mud pit you call home. :) plaster city has a boat unit and you know how i like boats

here is a example of what can be made, i just faked the names and locations its a test bed only

There is a highly visible intermediate sign at the beginning of each dike that has a blind site on it and a stake with lettering and/or reflective tape at each site. If that isn't enough that hunting party should probably not be out in the "wilderness".

There is a highly visible intermediate sign at the beginning of each dike that has a blind site on it and a stake with lettering and/or reflective tape at each site. If that isn't enough that hunting party should probably not be out in the "wilderness".
MP,
I was not talking about exact location and coordinates.....agree...look for the "wide" spot on the dike...
I was talking about "conditions"...and not hot, wet, and muddy with mosquitos....!!!
Trig used to do a pre-season run down....

Nailed it!

MP,
I was not talking about exact location and coordinates.....agree...look for the "wide" spot on the dike...
I was talking about "conditions"...and not hot, wet, and muddy with mosquitos....!!!
Trig used to do a pre-season run down....
I was referring to the OP not your post. Wister used to keep an updated white board before Steve had to do it. Approximate water depth, food in the pond, available cover etc. Shouldn't be that hard I'm not a fan of holding everyone's hand and telling them where to go but the occasional hunter should know if there is water, if it's a jungle or moonscaped.

I was referring to the OP not your post. Wister used to keep an updated white board before Steve had to do it. Approximate water depth, food in the pond, available cover etc. Shouldn't be that hard I'm not a fan of holding everyone's hand and telling them where to go but the occasional hunter should know if there is water, if it's a jungle or moonscaped.
There hasn't been a white board on the blind site conditions for years. My guess is it was considered too much work LOL

Reactions: ilovesprig

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu