Wister-Jan. 26th

labsrule

Jan 20, 2014
Wister was packed. 80 plus on the sweatline. Wind was up and there were some ducks buzzing around. We had fun and the dogs had a great time. Mix of Teal, Pin and Spoonies. Never saw a Snow all day. That was highly unsual. Beautilful sunset.

John20190126_171614.jpg20190126_172902.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
can you still hunt ducks there or is it over. can't hunt on the refuge but not sure about elsewhere (Wister, Hazard, etc). anyone?

Yep. Last day was Sunday for the ducks. Good season. Time for fishing and surfing. Some turkey stuff. Miss the ducks already. First Wednesday and no hunting. Pretty trippy.

John

I would have hoped for geese but I'm told none to be seen. The Feb 3-18 imperial county geese would have been nice. I hope someone knows more. Asides the super bowl weekend I'd go any weekend

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu