Wister - Saturday 10/30

kal-elk

Aug 21, 2021
Hello All,

I drew #72 for Wister on Saturday, October 30th. I was hoping I could find someone experienced who would be willing to show me the ropes, this would be my first attempt at waterfowl ever. I do have experience with doves.

I have all my own personal gear (camo, waders, blind bag, shotgun, ammo, etc.). I do not have any decoys yet, I was hoping to see a few examples of local spreads before I started buying.

I don't smoke or do drugs and barely drink. I don't have an itchy finger and won't shoot until you do. Learning something is more important to me than coming home with a limit.

If you're interested, please let me know.

Thanks,
-Ruben

That's a high resi but so were all of mine last season.. You'll need at least 2 dozen decoys to make a nice spread. Just get what you can afford..I'm running 33 year old flambeau decoys that were given to me..can't beat Free! I think it's more of a numbers game with decoys. Last year was my first season and I was fortunate to have a couple experienced hunters join me and show me a thing or two..oh and get yourself a walking stick..the wister mudd is unforgiving! Best of luck Ruben.

20201101_090057.jpg

Hello All,

I drew #72 for Wister on Saturday, October 30th. I was hoping I could find someone experienced who would be willing to show me the ropes, this would be my first attempt at waterfowl ever. I do have experience with doves.

I have all my own personal gear (camo, waders, blind bag, shotgun, ammo, etc.). I do not have any decoys yet, I was hoping to see a few examples of local spreads before I started buying.

I don't smoke or do drugs and barely drink. I don't have an itchy finger and won't shoot until you do. Learning something is more important to me than coming home with a limit.

If you're interested, please let me know.

Thanks,
-Ruben
I can help you out. Shoot me a PM.

That's a high resi but so were all of mine last season.. You'll need at least 2 dozen decoys to make a nice spread. Just get what you can afford..I'm running 33 year old flambeau decoys that were given to me..can't beat Free! I think it's more of a numbers game with decoys. Last year was my first season and I was fortunate to have a couple experienced hunters join me and show me a thing or two..oh and get yourself a walking stick..the wister mudd is unforgiving! Best of luck Ruben.

Not ideal, I know, but I'm hoping someone who was looking at running the sweat line might take a shot.

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer

View attachment 51541
Hey those dekes look familiar. They're in my garage lol

• Haha
Reactions: HortoTheSlayer

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu