X12 an adventure and heartbreak

Thats a real bummer, Why not a second shot to make sure the deer is really down ?

Let's stay positive. Great adventure.... who am I kidding, it blows big time man. Keep ya head up and on to the next mission. It'll be a campfire story, one of many.

Side story... I once shot at a pheasant and he went down on the dirt road. I made a mental mark of where he was and continued walking the field looking for the others. After a good 20 minutes I went back to get him, he was still there but when I picked him up he woke up and went bat shit.... quick choke hold and it was over. He went to the taxi and taxi never found a pellet wound in him.

Damn that sucks. Stuff happens.
I can't believe you went back down to SD and back up in a day too to drop your friend off. That would kill me more than the hike in you did. No joke I hate driving long distances like that back to back. I'll take a hard pack in over that any day.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu