YFT

SDLIVIN

Oct 26, 2018
Was fortunate to get out on Friday, Tuna bite was on. Buddy of mine invited me to go out with his Son who just got back from OCS, on his Grady-White.
Boils everywhere, boats everywhere. Long story short. I did not personally convert, but they did, so spoils of the boat get shared (I thank God for friends who fish!).
Couple YFT landed; 30lb and 45-50lber. 80+lb BFT spit the hook after a 45 min battle.

Day one, Last night feast, sorry for the pics, didn't eat until late so took pics last second.
Family style eating at the counter...
Tuna Ceviche
Tuna Poke

sides: white rice, tofu salad, kimchi, fermented cucumber, ginger, seaweed salad, sauteed bok choy, etc...
sake, and Stone Delicious IPA.
day 1 yft 3.jpgday 1 yft 2.jpgday 1 yft 1.jpg

Dang that looks legit Robert. Must've lost service with my phone.. missed the call from you for dinner :)
Hey Jason, funny how that phones go all wonky once fish are in the fridge..
Joking aside, we have to get the families together once this covid craiziness subsides, have a feeling we have some cultural food similarities to share.
At the very least beer!

That sounds delicious!!!!! Grest outing also.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: SDLIVIN
Day 2, last night...
Sashimi platter: YFT Ahi, Toro, Tako (Octopus).
Bulgogi, Teriyaki Chicken, smoked tuna
Sides: Tako sunomono, fresh batch of Ceviche, Poke, sautéed bok choy, mushroom medley, sautéed sprouts, kimchi, spicy cucumber, ginger, etc...
Paired with a BP grapefruit Sculpin IPA

day 2 yft 2.jpgday 2 yft 3.jpgday 2 yft 4.jpg

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu