Yote hunting in descanso ?

Dec 7, 2022
I was wondering if hunting is allowed west of the Mt Laguna recreation area boundary line. Here’s a pic where im considering circled in the black.
3611f6c430bad64e27f7da5c1d04cc50.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iv would be imperial valley correct ?

Yup and they are giving you good advice. Generally, it's better to hunt more open stuff for dogs or set up on fields. A lot of the area you mentioned is really thick and tough to see them, don't let that discourage you though!

Yup and they are giving you good advice. Generally, it's better to hunt more open stuff for dogs or set up on fields. A lot of the area you mentioned is really thick and tough to see them, don't let that discourage you though!

Thank you bro I’m try descanso tomorrow. Going to have to make plan to go IV one of these weekends

Had 2 coyotes come in lol but I messed up by not being ready on the rifle lol was too busy glassing lol

I swear hunting is a game of "lessons learned the hard way." It sucks that its like that sometimes but also addicting. Well done though! You'll smash em next time!

Reactions: sportyg
My recommendation is don’t glass while calling. You need to constantly be scanning for movement. If you are not looking around you will look up and they will be staring right at you 30yds away.

I see you work for tricer. Question what bipod setup do you recommend for a rifle ?

I see you work for tricer. Question what bipod setup do you recommend for a rifle ?

A know a few people at Tricer. Tricer is still developing a rifle bipod it will hopefully be out this year. Right now it weighs under 5oz, fits in your pocket, and works prone to standing utilizing trekking poles. Here are a few field pictures. We are still prototyping and need to make some changes to make it perfect. It is close but kind of on the back burner while we finish up our first run of pan heads.
945D0EB3-A40A-4CF7-AC53-842EF25B8BDF.jpegC37006FD-03B2-4AD1-A86D-315A613029AC.jpeg

If you do not have a bipod yet and want something that is going to last a lifetime pick up a Harris. You really can’t go wrong I run them all the time at the range. I am just not a huge fan of their weight and size while attached to my rifles in the field. But people have used the forever and they are proven workhorses. I once had to loan mine to a guy on this forum while we were in the field so he could shoot his deer from 280yds out. I’m a good friend like that. I also named my new pan head after him so he’s cool.

When coyote hunting I recommend using a shooting tripod like a bogpod or trigger sticks. I have had a Bogpod for years it’s a simple design and does the job. I have also used the trigger stix but they have a lot more going on coils design though and fast set up. Below is a pic of my buddy using my bogpod yesterday while calling dogs. No dogs were harmed though.

7EDF88B3-ABC6-40AC-96BD-4F0E7E715220.jpeg

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu