Youth Hunts ?

BuckHunter

“Venison” It’s what’s for dinner!
Feb 3, 2011
Both of my kids got their hunting license this year. Son is almost 11, and daughter is 12. I'm looking to get them on a few youth hunts this year or as soon as they qualify. They both have been in a tree-stand and ground blind with me and have done a few sets with the coyote caller. Are there any local youth hunts on Turkey ? I got them a Mossberg 510 mini 20 gauge pump for Christmas and they shoot my AR in 5.56 well because the stock is short and no recoil. Any suggestions on where to start with kids on the smaller size ? I'm going to try to get my 12 year old daughter on a youth either sex tag next year and get her on a doe out of one of my old treestands. 30 yards with a 5.56 should be a slam dunk.

Reactions: TRICER
Bring them to all the NWTF drawings for spring turkey. AZ is a great state for youth deer and Javelina hunts. $5 license and $30 tags.

Reactions: ilovesprig
Javelina ......... That would be a very do-able hunt for a kid. Haven't been there in years but I know how to find those stink pigs, and the 5.56 will work well. Thanks.

I'll check out the NWTF as well. I have never hunted turkey but it would be a great start for the kids and me.

Reactions: ilovesprig
Make sure both kids have there licenses and the youth turkey hunts by the NWTF is a good way to start.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu