Youth Sutherland hunt May 8th

BIGCIM

Feb 15, 2018
So my 13 year old son will get to experience his first turkey hunt this Wednesday. He is more than excited. He talks about it every weekend since winning the draw.

Has anyone been down to Sutherland recently? Have the birds been responsive to calls or is very little soft calling still our best bet.

Took the old decoys out of storage, I have 2 hens and a tom. Ill take them all with me but will probably only put out the hens if anything.

Should we hunt out of a doghouse blind just in case? I was thinking of using one anyways since kids have a hard time sitting still.

So my 13 year old son will get to experience his first turkey hunt this Wednesday. He is more than excited. He talks about it every weekend since winning the draw.

Has anyone been down to Sutherland recently? Have the birds been responsive to calls or is very little soft calling still our best bet.

Took the old decoys out of storage, I have 2 hens and a tom. Ill take them all with me but will probably only put out the hens if anything.
Good luck on Wednesday..
Pay attention to them locating call at daylight .
I would suggest if the boy is fidgety.
I would take the blind for the day.
Being still and hidden is a must.
Good luck man..hope you guys score brother...

Reactions: Dawnandusk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu