Zip tie scope lever

MarceloF

Jun 2, 2017
Well, I will admit. I'm cheap...frugal, whatever you want to call me it's ok with me.

The truth is that I do not like to spend money if I do not have to, and, I like DIY stuff.

As I'm researching and saving money for a new scope, I learned about these handy little levers to help you switch magnification a little easier.

My mind says to me..."I bet we can use a zip tie instead of buying a lever". So I gave it a shot...it is not the sexiest piece of gear but I don't care, it works really well and cost me a few cents.
ziptie.jpg

as a kid with very little cash flow, I have to make do or make stuff work. no scope peep sight only, and yet was very successful at the time.
but I was physically fit. and no one said I couldn't do it. Mind over matter, so they say.. :)

Reactions: MarceloF
10 bucks for a real one.....

Like I said...mine is not as sexy as the real piece but it is waaaaaay cheaper. Not that $10 will break the bank but the zip tie works fine...It was done just to see if it works.

My scope is not hard to change the magnification but i wanted to see how much easier would it be with the extra piece for leverage.

P.S. Not replying in a snappy way. :angel-animated-emoji:

Last edited:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu