'Zombie' disease could be spreadable to humans - CWD

Trying to scare us. Watch out.
It's not safe. I question the science on this one.
I am more concerned with Lyme disease. But that could be blown
of proportion also.

Lee,

I know Lyme disease is no joke....I got bit many, many years ago after pigeon hunting on Palomar....Didn't think much of it and at that time had never heard of Lyme disease....Found out recently that one of my life long friends died of it a few years back....I hate those things!

Trying to scare us. Watch out.
It's not safe. I question the science on this one.
I am more concerned with Lyme disease. But that could be blown
of proportion also.

What specifically do you question? The existence of CWD or the transmissibility to humans? Prion diseases are no joke and they exist in humans and animals, although different types affect different species. Lyme disease sucks but it is curable. Prion diseases are completely untreatable and incurable.

It is well know farm animals can and transmit disease. Same can be applied to wild animals.
I question science behind the above hear say.
CDW is an issue with wild life.
No doubt.
Go do research and there is
Science on both sides that counters both sides. Which is correct. Do research. And let us know.

It is well know farm animals can and transmit disease. Same can be applied to wild animals.
I question science behind the above hear say.
CDW is an issue with wild life.
No doubt.
Go do research and there is
Science on both sides that counters both sides. Which is correct. Do research. And let us know.

LBH, I’m all read up on the CWD issue. I also work in Medicine. There is certainly debate about the danger of CWD to humans. To date, there is no confirmed transmission of CWD to humans. But, there is no hearsay in the article... it merely states that science has determined that animals that share a large amount of genetic makeup with humans are capable of contracting the disease, and that is concerning for us. It’s just information. The presence and continuing spread of CWD in the cervid world is an issue that is well documented and is actively being addressed.

This is an issue that, I think, should be on every hunter’s radar. It’s not something to brush under the rug because it’s inconvenient. If it is found that CWD is transmissible to humans, it will dramatically negatively impact the deer hunting world as we know it, as well as a lot of people’s lives.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Ok cool. So let's take precautions.
Like we are supposed to do.
But worry more about blood sucking parasites. Fleas, ticks, lice
And the worst of all mosquitos.
What I have read CWD in a very small percentages of animals.
Do you agree?
Problem is we get conflicting
White papers on the subject.

I have an issue with the medical field , that pushes medicine that causes serious side effects that are worst than the medical issues.
So yes I question medical reports.
Since a ot is driven on profit and
And not the real health of the patient. But heck let's keep hunting. And your right may have sounded like blew it off.
But there so much propaganda
against hunters , that's how I was viewing this is an other way to stop Hunting because it's dangerous. LOL yes I am skeptical.
Very much so.

Ok cool. So let's take precautions.
Like we are supposed to do.
But worry more about blood sucking parasites. Fleas, ticks, lice
And the worst of all mosquitos.
What I have read CWD in a very small percentages of animals.
Do you agree?
Problem is we get conflicting
White papers on the subject.

In California we don’t have CWD, so at this point in time you don’t have to do anything. If you hunt in a state with CWD... it’s up to you. The recommendation is that you don’t eat meat from infected animals. This is because they are still studying transmission. Many people eat the meat and there has been no known transmission to humans. I believe many states will test for free.

No, I don’t agree that only a small amount of animals are infected. It depends on what population you are talking about. Infection rates vary dramatically from state to state and even county to county.

I haven’t read any conflicting papers. The scientific community seems to be in agreement about the existence of and problems associated with CWD. Feel free to post any articles though, I’d be happy to read. What I have seen is a lot of people in the hunting community that refuse to accept the science. I don’t know what to say about that. People love all the amazing things that science brings us.... phones, computers, cars, new guns, faster, more convenient everything. But when science presents us with something that may disrupt our way of life or inconvenience us, it is so often disregarded or colored as having an agenda.

In California we don’t have CWD, so at this point in time you don’t have to do anything. If you hunt in a state with CWD... it’s up to you. The recommendation is that you don’t eat meat from infected animals. This is because they are still studying transmission. Many people eat the meat and there has been no known transmission to humans. I believe many states will test for free.

No, I don’t agree that only a small amount of animals are infected. It depends on what population you are talking about. Infection rates vary dramatically from state to state and even county to county.

I haven’t read any conflicting papers. The scientific community seems to be in agreement about the existence of and problems associated with CWD. Feel free to post any articles though, I’d be happy to read. What I have seen is a lot of people in the hunting community that refuse to accept the science. I don’t know what to say about that. People love all the amazing things that science brings us.... phones, computers, cars, new guns, faster, more convenient everything. But when science presents us with somet IIIhing that may disrupt our way of life or inconvenience us, it is so often disregarded or colored as having an agenda.

I tell you what you showed me what you have i will be glad to read it. Like you we deal facts.
Problem with science it can be manipulated. And falsified.
Tell me it doesn't happen.
Other wise we would have a perfect no law suits against big
Pharma's.
Here what people ignore.
The food we eat at fast foods
Are proven to be harmful.
GMO foods are proven to be harmful.
Pesticides, herbicides, fungacides,
And numerous other chemicals
Cause many illnesses. Yet it's allowed and ignored.
Yet all of it was initially passed as safe. Agent orange, round up,
Law suits on all these chemicals
Is starting to be filed.
If in fact CWD is a disease that can be transmitted to humans.
Ya that's a problem.

I tell you what you showed me what you have i will be glad to read it. Like you we deal facts.

Are you asking me to find an article for you? On CWD in general? Or in a specific state? Or on transmissibility? Here’s some general information....
https://www.qdma.com/cwd/

https://www.cdc.gov/prions/cwd/index.html

LBH it doesn’t bother me if you don’t believe in CWD or are skeptical of it. I’m not here to convince you of anything. But, when you say you question the science of something, but don’t provide any sort of evidence as to why... you might expect people to ask why it is you feel that way. No big deal man.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Are you asking me to find an article for you? On CWD in general? Or in a specific state? Or on transmissibility? Here’s some general information....
https://www.qdma.com/cwd/

https://www.cdc.gov/prions/cwd/index.html

LBH it doesn’t bother me if you don’t believe in CWD or are skeptical of it. I’m not here to convince you of anything. But, when you say you question the science of something, but don’t provide any sort of evidence as to why... you might expect people to ask why it is you feel that way. No big deal man.
No problem brother.
I read papers in he past and I would have to research ty his stuff again. I lost everything in my old computer no back up.
I good with your word, right now I have bigger fish to fry.
Like keeping my head above water. Fix cars, and keeping food on the table. Since I am retired I don't have access to Internet besides this phone. I take in stride. And don't take it personal.
Your right let keep an eye on
On how this horrible disease
Progresses.
All is good hunting brother.
You made good points.

Reactions: Kellendv
Just dont touch them and just stand there and do absoulutley nothing like i do..and have sonebody else handle the dirty work...work smarter not harder is what grandad use to say..

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu