Model 94 .32 Winchester SPL. Ammo

S

stikbrandon

Does anyone know if they make .32 win spl in non lead?

One of my good buddy’s and mentor past a couple years back and I was in the position to help his family out And pick up one of his model 94’s, this level action is awesome and he had it for years and I want to take it out next season. Problem I’m having is I can’t find it in non lead.

any suggestions would be awesome

thanks

I own one too no unleaded last time I looked 3yrs ago...... technically if no nonlead options you could use lead. But I don't know anyone who's tested the law in this way.

I own one too no unleaded last time I looked 3yrs ago...... technically if no nonlead options you could use lead. But I don't know anyone who's tested the law in this way.

Fixin to call fish and game to find out. That would solve this problem.

thanks @MJB

Reactions: MJB
There are a few things going against you.

32 special is slow and mono bullets need velocity to do their job. You will more than likely have to keep the shots under 100.

32 special requires a .321 bullet no one makes a mono bullet in that diameter but most manufacturers do make one in .323. From what I read up the .323 should work if it chambers but I wouldn’t want to be the guy pulling the first trigger. But if you get the dies and components I will help you load a couple up to see if they chamber. On an older gun if it has a lot of rounds through it in theory they would chamber but again I am not pulling the trigger.

Another issue is most mono bullets are pointed which is a no no in tube fed rifles like your lever action.

With all that said this hammer bullet might work it is pretty flat nosed and it’s .323. I know that if you call Steve Davis at hammer he will custom machine any diameter and that would be your best bet for sure.

I would just not hunt with the rifle use it for some plinking and call it good. He wasn’t your mentor and the rifle really has no significant meaning to you right?

@Truduct

he was not a hunting mentor lore or less a life coach that I’d swing by his house every 2 weeks or so and talk guns and politics. The guy was a wealth of knowledge and was alway there for me.

the rifle does mean quite a bit to me but I’d be fine just leaving it in my safe if I can’t run around in the hills with it.

drew you hear anything about what @MJB was saying about if they don’t manufacture non lead I could use lead?

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
Oh I misread it I thought it said your good buddies mentor. I get it now.

What Mark is saying is news to me I mean it makes sense but common sense is not that common in this state.

I found a company that makes copper bullets in .321 diameter specifically for 32 special order the bullets and some brass let’s do this. Come hang out in the garage for an afternoon after hunting season and we will get you shooting. Bring it down to the PCC 1000 in the spring and we will see what it’s made of.

Brass here

Reactions: stikbrandon
My grandfather had a model 94 in 30-30 up on the fireplace for years. Its pretty old, it says 30 WCF on the barrel. He passed away last year, I’m looking forward to taking it hunting one day. Good luck with the ammo!

To make it easy just call Sierra or Hornady and they should be able to help you. For example a lot of people do not know that you can use .357 bullets to load for 35 Remington. Just saying give them a call and ask if they know of any other options instead of lead.

Oh I misread it I thought it said your good buddies mentor. I get it now.

What Mark is saying is news to me I mean it makes sense but common sense is not that common in this state.

I found a company that makes copper bullets in .321 diameter specifically for 32 special order the bullets and some brass let’s do this. Come hang out in the garage for an afternoon after hunting season and we will get you shooting. Bring it down to the PCC 1000 in the spring and we will see what it’s made of.

Brass here

I would be interested in pitching in on this as I have a 32 special too last time I looked up the serial number I think it was made in the 1940s. Makes me feel like a cowboy when I used to hunt with it! And it's put down a couple deer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anybody have any luck, regarding non-lead ammo? I have a 1951 model 94 that I would enjoy taking out. Would also be interested in going in on some non-lead .32 win spl. If there was any way to get some.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu