0 days until the 2014 Dove season

Re: 63 More days until the 2014 Dove season

You and me both brotha!!! Getting some dove decoys from Cabelas this week. Been seeing TONS of euros up by me so things are looking promising!!

I can't wait either their a lotta fun

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Already booked out hotel a few months back. One of my favorite days of the year.

Re: 62 More days until the 2014 Dove season

2 more months...

That's right everyone wait till September.

May just shoot out of the duck boats to get away from the crowds. Water work for the dog is a good thing. Gets to warm, jump outta the boat or shoot while soaking. ;D

Wardens should be out in force sat n sun due to guys lighting up the euros. Remember the rules gents. Wouldn't want anyone to get ticketed for shooting the wrong bird or shooting too close to an occupied dwelling.

Re: 61 More days until the 2014 Dove season

Less than two months to go!

That sound like a good time Mike. We hunt the club every year and have a stellar time. The water does come in handy!

Re: 60 More days until the 2014 Dove season

60 more days left. Should go by quickly...

It sucks I can't make it down untill the weekend if the 11th I hope you guys leve some for me.

I may pass this year having my fill of euros now before it gets really hot and humid. And might be chasing bull elk with the bow. Seeing tons of morning and WW.......but just like every year the monsoons will push a lot of them to MX.

It is a tradition for us. We make a big deal of it...one big party.

sluester said:
May just shoot out of the duck boats to get away from the crowds. Water work for the dog is a good thing. Gets to warm, jump outta the boat or shoot while soaking. ;D

Wardens should be out in force sat n sun due to guys lighting up the euros. Remember the rules gents. Wouldn't want anyone to get ticketed for shooting the wrong bird or shooting too close to an occupied dwelling.
I didn't see a single game warden last year where I was hunting but that doesn't mean they weren't out there. they would have had a lotta work on their hands if they did. I saw 200+ guys shooting within 50 yards of houses and too many to count within 150 yards of houses.

D16hunter said:
sluester said:

I didn't see a single game warden last year where I was hunting but that doesn't mean they weren't out there. they would have had a lotta work on their hands if they did. I saw 200+ guys shooting within 50 yards of houses and too many to count within 150 yards of houses.

Whoa! Good reason to stay home! I hate combat zones, whether hunting or fishing.

Sent via Tapatalk

That valley is so huge. Never understood why people hunt on top of each other. ???

The noaa outlook is for a extreme monsoon pattern starting mid Aug. It's a El nino thing

Aeon said:
The noaa outlook is for a extreme monsoon pattern starting mid Aug. It's a El nino thing

Then we hunt in the rain...that storm last season was a doozy, still limited.

Quick run yesterday afternoon.

20-30mph wind 107 very dry, lots of birds and no other hunters!

If this was the opener if be done in 10 minutes for morning or WW

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    753 KB · Views: 23

Nice job MJB. More delectable BBQ treats for the 4 of July!

Oh Ya - 59 More days until the 2014 Dove season.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu