#12 and a badger

You the Man tafft.

BuckHunter said:
Looks like a Chevy ad. Cool pic.

Haha, "A man and his dog......and the truck that helps him hunt.....to find the dogs"

Kinda like this....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJYjgVrNoVI

Notice Taft is leaving the field with two tools. The man knows whats up!

NBK said:

I've messed up too many times to count that I've been on a stand and only brought 1 of the tools and end up really needing the other lol. Now everyone that goes calling with me brings a shotty and rifle haha.

Breacher said:
NBK said:

Probably has a bowie knife on his hip for the really up close encounters!

We actually named an area close encounter, cause one time me and a buddy were calling and one came up behind us and got to like 5 feet before we heard is skidding across the ground trying to turn around. Probably could have hit with a Bowie knife haha, but I had to just aim down the barrel of my rifle

TaftHunter said:
NBK said:

I've messed up too many times to count that I've been on a stand and only brought 1 of the tools and end up really needing the other lol. Now everyone that goes calling with me brings a shotty and rifle haha.

Does that go for turkey too? When I was hunting turkey this month I'd have had an easy shot with a .22-250 at 150 yd that second day, but only had my Shotty on hand. We can use either method of take in VA (SG or rifle), and I see no prohibition on rifles for SD County in the DFG regs. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bonejour said:
TaftHunter said:
NBK said:

Does that go for turkey too? When I was hunting turkey this month I'd have had an easy shot with a .22-250 at 150 yd that second day, but only had my Shotty on hand. We can use either method of take in VA (SG or rifle), and I see no prohibition on rifles for SD County in the DFG regs. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I believe you can use a .22 cal air rifle, bow , or shotgun . only

Sent from my Torque

Muledeerhunter said:
Nice....but where the heck did you find a badger? Congrats.

Badger are just about everywhere, they just hardly come out, we have close to no trees so they are easier to locate that way. Unless you know how to call them, or if you get lucky. I've seen close to 10 this year.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu