2 Days of Scouting Turkeys

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Despite cold & wet weather, we were able to find good sign and put visuals on birds in places i hadn't seen turkeys in a long time.....Properties were private, Santa Ysabel Preserve, and MCC.

Even got a little bass fishing in at Lake Sutherland today.....Fish were on the beach. And lure of choice was of course, skinny Senkos.....Even heard a gobble up there.

ps.....Looks like this little buck just lost his antlers.

.015.JPG 027.JPG 130.JPG 133.JPG 137.JPG 008.JPG 105.JPG 007.JPG 077.JPG

Last edited:
Another awesome bunch of pics that have need saved to my desktop and phone! Thanks Steve going to Sutherland tomorrow bright and early going to bring my camera hope to get some pics to share.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
You and that Senko. Do they have you on retainer? Lol

Great pics!!

Hey Steve..... do you know if Eagle Peak rd is open all the way through. I just heard that you can't go all the way through any more..... I am satellite Scouting

Hey Steve..... do you know if Eagle Peak rd is open all the way through. I just heard that you can't go all the way through any more..... I am satellite Scouting

John,

As far as I know, you can drive all the way past the falls.....Eagle Peak dead ends into El Cap Res, If that's what your asking....Is it Boulder Creek Rd. what you're thinking of?.....It goes all the way to Descanso.....Haven't been there in years though.

John,

As far as I know, you can drive all the way past the falls.....Eagle Peak dead ends into El Cap Res, If that's what your asking....Is it Boulder Creek Rd. what you're thinking of?.....It goes all the way to Descanso.....Haven't been there in years though.
Nope Eagle Peak road I have never taken boulder creek to Descanso. That is fantastic Newsturkeybrain.jpg

Question: Can you get to Eagle Peak from Romona? Through the 4 corners? I don't know fellas and gals I am doing some satellite scouting and need just a tad bit of help here and there

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu