2014 predator Mr. Brown

Mr. Brown

Oct 18, 2013
Hello everyone my name is Nick brown. I'm new to this forum, and fairly new to predator hunting. I've been hunting my whole life, mainly big game and upland game birds. I've had the privilege of knowing josh Pearson for many years now and towards the end of last year started making stands together. Josh has incredible knowledge of the area as well as the animals we hunt, and never hesitated to try to teach me all he knows. Thank you josh for getting me hooked on this amazing hobby, hope to put down many more predators in the future.

First fox ever was killed on January 11 2014

First coyote was killed on January 26 2014

Fox number 2, 3, 4 were killed on February 20 2014.

Attachments

• Mr.1.png
    Mr.1.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 157
  • Mr2.jpg
    Mr2.jpg
    225.3 KB · Views: 148
  • Mr3.png
    Mr3.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 158
  • Mr4.png
    Mr4.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 155
  • Mr5.jpg
    Mr5.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 285
Thanks for the kind words. We will have many more successful stands.

Nice slayin. Careful this predator stuffs like crack man. And I'm not even a junkie yet. We'll see if it takes over like deer hunting

Hope not

Been super busy with work and not hunting. I got these two grays
Wednesday February 26th, with the man Josh Pearson. Can't wait until
Next fox season!!! Time to start putting in work on the yotes!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 20
Went out to a secret spot today with my partner peezy!
Called in this nice male, super dark marking on his back, tail and
Legs. Great morning!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    296.4 KB · Views: 21
I was wondering if you were going to post the other picture. I ided the spot instantly I think good job

Josh and Mr. Brown,
I've never taken a fox, and all your guys' posts last year have given me the fever! I also saw two run across a road one evening last year, which got me excited as well. I've hunted predators for many years now, with limited success, but I've never had a fox come in to the call. This leads me to believe that I'm probably hunting the wrong terrain. So for the education of all of us who have never called in a fox, would you mind giving us some pointers?
  • What kind of terrain do you look for when choosing a stand?
  • What kind of cover do they prefer?
  • How long are your stands?
  • What types of calls have been most successful (cottontail distress, jackrabbit distress, rodent squeaks, other)?
  • What time of the day (or night) is most productive?

I look forward to and thank you in advance for any and all info you can provide.

Out for the pheasant opener and got this nice
Surprise. Bumped it while walking the roads looking for
Eurasians

Attachments

• DDog.png
    DDog.png
    962.5 KB · Views: 58
Mr. Brown said:
Sir Johnny I have 6 grays not 4, thank you

Congratulations on the puppy. I fixed your Fox's to solve this problem next year they will not be counted

Here's another one, walking the small drainage
Ditches and this male popped out. Downed
Him with prairie storm #6.

Attachments

• Mr.Brown1.png
    Mr.Brown1.png
    1,004.1 KB · Views: 52

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu