2014 turkey season

D16hunter

Jun 28, 2012
San Diego
Whos excited for the 2014 season i know i am. Its a ways off but Ive already started to scout a little bit im actually heading out know. i hope i do better than last years bearded hen this year. this is gonna be my last season where i can hunt early cause im a junior hunterbyrynare.jpglast years bearded hen i blew my first oppurtuninty on her on the second day of the season then a week later she gave me another chance and i got her

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very cool D16H. Get out there and enjoy!
LBH2, hope your knees recover soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm just going to shoot 3 jakes. I want to be done fast as possible. I'm having alittle bit of fun with these dogs I can't stop.

In other words I'm not passing like I did last year

Although I wil have the camera so who knows what I'll do.

Lets pray for some major adverse weather to keep these turkeys from starting their dispersal too early. Seeing more strutting/gobbling and hen fighting behavior. Its gonna be tough season this year if they start too early :(

I have a flock that roosts right down the street from my house and yesterday morning I went out to check them, and they were hammer back to the calls!! if this weather keeps up we could see poults by the opener!!!
God Bless

Been getting my bow zeroed in for Spring! I'm very excited. What's everyones experience with foldable decoys? I need a few new decoys and I was curious about them. The price is right, I can tell you that much!

I second the Dave Smith Decoys. DSD is hands down the most realistic decoy you can get without getting a stuffed hen. The new zink decoys are also ultra realistic and a little easier to carry than the DSD's (and a little cheaper). I use both a DSD and the Zink decoys in tandem and have had great success. I have literally shot toms while they were mounting my DSD decoy ;D

If you insist on a foldable decoy try turkey skinz decoy cover. I have seen it work first hand. Its a real turkey feather cover. http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/turkey-skinz-decoy-cover.aspx?a=526024

Great thread. Thanks guys. I am going to VA to hunt toms in May. I was going to just have a DSD shipped there, but I'll take a look at skinz first.

Sent via Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu